1st Line Support Technician
You can view all our current jobs here.
1st Line Helpdesk Support Technician
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to work within a well-established financial services company based in Portsmouth.
They are currently looking to strengthen the existing team with people who thrive in an organisation which values passion, commitment, innovation and the development of staff.
You would be assisting the IT Operations Manager with development, maintenance and monitoring of the companies IT infrastructure, ensuring it performs as required and remains secure. You will also assist with providing 1st line support to all members of staff within the business.
You will require the following skills and experience:
- Be confident, self motivates and enthusiastic.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Happy to work under pressure and be confident in simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions when needed.
- Create and maintain business relationships and understand business needs.
- Strength to work alone but also as a team.
- Windows Server 2008/2012.
- Microsoft Windows 10.
- Active Directory and Group Policy administration and deployment.
- Basic networking knowledge - LAN / WAN / TCP-IP / DNS / DHCP / VPN
- Office 2016/365
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Log, update and track all customer queries, incidents and requests to resolution, escalating any which cannot be resolved.
- Provide first point of contact for IT helpdesk issues.
- Respond to incoming calls in accordance with priorities and agreed service levels.
- Provide excellent customer service to IT users.
- Produce regular reports and commentary around service delivery for Service Review Meetings and KPI monitoring.
- Maintain the IT asset database to ensure consistency, accuracy and accountability.
- Manage and maintain the mobile fleet, including ordering bill analysis and cost control via the portal.
- Raising requisitions as required for purchases ensuring authorisation is granted.
The hours for this role are 37.5 hours per week between 8am and 6pm on a rota basis. There will be 1 in 3 Saturday shifts, however this is paid at overtime rate!
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.