2nd Line Support Technician
You can view all our current jobs here.
2nd Line HelpdeskSupport Technician
A fantastic opportunityhas arisen to work within a well-established financial services company based in Portsmouth.
They are currently looking to strengthen the existing team with people who thrive in an organisation whichvalues passion, commitment, innovation and the development of staff.
You would be assisting theIT Operations Manager with development, maintenance and monitoring of thecompanies IT infrastructure, ensuring it performs as required and remainssecure. You will also assist with providing 1st and 2nd line support to all members of staff within the business.
You will require the following skills and experience:
- Be confident, self motivates and enthusiastic.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Happy to work under pressure and be confident in simultaneously coordinating a wide range of activities and recommend appropriate solutions when needed.
- Create and maintain business relationships and understand business needs.
- Strength to work alone but also as a team.
- Windows Server 2008/2012, Office 2016/365, Microsoft Windows 10.
- Active Directory and Group Policy administration and deployment.
- Basic networking knowledge - LAN / WAN / TCP-IP / DNS / DHCP / VPN
- VoIP Telephony systems experience
- Ciscso/Meraki Networking
- Manage Engine Service Desk/Desktop Central experience
- Microsoft Desktop Optimization setup and deployment
- Veeam Backup
- Firewall set up/configuration preference Cisco
- Nagios/PRTG experience (not essential)
Your main duties and responsibilities will include:-
- Respond to incoming calls in accordance with priorities and agreed SLA's
- Provide excellent customer service to IT users
- Provide regular reports and commentary around service delivery for Service Review Meetings and KPI monitoring
- Maintain the IT asset database to ensure consistency, accuracy and accountability.
- Manage and maintain the mobile fleet, including ordering, bills analysis, cost control etc via the EMM portal.
- Provide excellent customer service to IT users.
- Communicate in an appropriate way with colleagues and customers demonstrating a full understanding of the recipients' needs making suggestions for ways to improve own business performance.
The hours for this role are 37.5 hours per week between 8amand 6pm on a rota basis. There will be 1 in 3 Saturday shifts, however this ispaid at overtime rate!
FPR Group is actingas an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.