You can view all our current jobs here.
£10.01 per hour
Part time 1-year maternity cover
About the job:
Do you have administration skills and experience? Looking for a new role and want to get stuck in? Read on!! We are recruiting for an Administrator based in Bognor Regis. As an Administrator you will be working as part of a small team and will be responsible for handling large volumes of inbound client calls to support driver training courses that are delivered by company on behalf of Sussex Police. Contact with central ticketing, the Police, driver trainers and members of the public demand a high level of knowledge whilst using of a live booking system. You will also be responsible for handling, processing and storing of confidential information in order to manage client bookings.
The specific accountabilities of this flexible role may alter from time to time in order to meet the needs of the client, but accountabilities will include (or be equivalent in nature to) those listed below:
- Responsible for the provision, as directed, of a flexible administrative service to a high standard to clients, undertaking a wide range of relatively complex tasks including the operation of associated equipment, as required by the client within timescales. Such as: research and production of statistical/management information, creating graphs and/or electronic presentations from notes, reports, or the organisation of straightforward events/courses.
- As a member of a resource pool, undertake a range of tasks as allocated which may include support to colleagues to manage workloads across the team. Act as Subject Matter Expert for some specific tasks within the resource pool. E.g. the absence management system or the room booking process.
- Support the day to day work of the client, arranging meetings, booking resources, taking minutes, managing e-mails, maintaining and updating electronic diaries, faxing and photocopying, proof reading.
- Administer events or training courses, including booking of resources, collation and distribution of papers.
- Communicate in an appropriate manner and develop good working relationships with a wide and diverse range of people, such as Senior Managers, Union representatives, key contacts and members of the public.
- Taking notes, requiring analysis and interpretation of sometimes complicated information during lengthy meetings, such as Senior Management Team meetings.
- May be responsible for specific tasks within the team, such as administration of access requests for schools e.g. software access or access to different drives, etc; Yourspace updates, or checking and stocking stationery cupboards in County Hall.
- Deal with internal/external enquiries and use judgement to refer to senior managers as necessary.
- Responsible for handling/processing/storing confidential information, in order to collate and distribute papers, undertake complex/sensitive office filing.
- Support equality and diversity and respect customers, clients and other members of staff regardless of gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or ethnic origin.
- Remain up to date and compliant with all relevant organisational procedures, policies and professional codes of conduct in order to uphold standards of best practice.
- The job requires concentrated mental attention over lengthy periods and prolonged concentrated sensory attention in order; to take minutes, word process documents, and prepare complex documents for distribution.
- Initiative - uses initiative to independently respond to unexpected problems or situations e.g. a change of client priority for particular tasks.
- The work will sometimes involve exposure to people or subject matter, which occasionally place emotional or environmental demands on the job holder.
- The role may be required to occasionally lift or carry items e.g. stationery supplies.
Level of Knowledge:
- Relevant technical knowledge of procedures and practices associated with operating an administrative
- A relevant NVQ level 3 or equivalent qualification or experience (at least one year).
- Secretarial qualification, such as RSA I, or equivalent qualification or Desirable
Part time - Thursdays and Fridays
If you would like to be considered for the role and hear more details please contact Sophie at FPR Group's Chichester office.
FPR Group is acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.