Application Scientist (chemistry / analytical science)
Due to recent product developments for life science applications, we have an amazing new opportunity for an Application Scientist to help develop their product range and improve their capabilities within their field of materials solutions, the role would see you focusing mainly on chromatography.
What are we looking for?
You will of course need a scientific degree, ideally chemistry or analytical science, with some lab-based experience (this can be on placement or post degree although we can consider graduates finishing this year without work experience but please include some supplementary information with your CV when you apply).
The position would suit a someone with a passion for science, degree qualified in a related discipline and a couple of years (or more) experience/knowledge of chemical extraction and purification technologies.
A background in analytical science or chemistry would be great but we can consider recent graduates, you will definitely need to have had exposure to laboratories and be familiar.
What's in it for you?
You will be a part of a dynamic and close knit team to develop new products and work on exciting projects. Our client offers a supportive and modern working environment, lots of training and an amazing advance your career.
The salary would range from £25000 to £30000 per annum depending on the level of experience. You'll also get a great range of benefits, a really friendly and warm working environment, opportunities to progress and expand your skill set, plus an interesting and varied product range.
Once trained, you would provide practical support to various areas of the business
- Develop novel chemistry and manufacturing protocols
- Carry out research and development projects both independently and as part of a team
- Identifying key commercial chemistry technologies
- Develop and perform analytical techniques
- Contribute to innovation and modification of processes, methods and equipment.
- Conduct laboratory analysis procedures and quality control procedures as required
- Writing applications notes as necessary
- Presenting and reporting on research progress and outcomes to the wider development team
- Producing protocols and SOP's for any new processes as necessary
- Supplying necessary support for the technical and manufacturing team
- Get involved in all aspects of process development, product validation and quality control
Click apply or call Tracy De Pass at FPR Group on 023 92453377 or find me on Linked In
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…