You can view all our current jobs here.
Our client based is based just outside of Midhurst in the beautiful heart of the countryside. The purpose of this role will be to manage the process of applications from people with disabilities for a partner at the company, from initial contact, collation of information, assessment and decision-making. The clients aim is to transform the lives of adults with physical disabilities through partnership with our specially trained assistance dogs. If you are looking for an inspirational challenge and want to join the clients amazing dog charity and contribute to the life changing work they complete on a daily basis. The client is a disability confident committed employer and welcome diversity, promote equality and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The Duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Experience of working with people with disabilities
- Ability to make decisions in challenging and difficult situations
- An understanding of the work of a "company partner"
- Administration experience
- Excellent organisation, report writing, planning and IT skills
- To have a natural ability with working with dogs
- Understanding the care and welfare for a dog
- Tactful and diplomatic approach
- Assessing the applicant's individual needs and suitability alongside practical assessment of their dog handling.
- Working with occupational therapists to assess each applicant's home, work places or educational institutions that may be relevant.
- Provision of adequate information regarding applicants to facilitate matching with suitable dog
- Participate in and contribute towards decisions made regarding applicant's suitability
- Provide Aftercare Support for partners, including monitoring the dog's health and well-being and assisting with any training or behaviour issues, helping to train new tasks or improve existing task work
It is desirable if you have had experience in any of the following, working within applications, being an applications assessor or a processor, Disability Assessor, Disability Analyst or worked for charity before.
The client offers a comprehensive benefits package including a generous annual leave allowance, access to an employee assistance programme, well-being portal and discounts on goods and retail vouchers and cash back on purchases from eating out, entertainment, supermarkets, clothing and travel.
£18,321 to £22,902 depending on experience
Full Time, Permanent; 37.5 hours per week
If you are interested please contact Sophie or Louise click on the 'Apply Now' Button.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.