You can view all our current jobs here.
Our client based in the beautiful countryside just outside of Chichester is seeking an Architect. The purpose of this role will be to design new buildings, alterations, extensions or restoration projects. You will also be working closely with clients to ensure their designs are functional and within budgetary restraints. If you have over seven years combined study and practical experience with a passion for the industry as well as a team player then we would love to hear from you!! Read on to find out more about the role!
The Duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Meeting with clients to discuss project objectives, needs and budget
- Preparing and presenting design proposals, including detailed drawings of finished buildings, renovations, or restorations
- Meeting with project managers, planners, construction professionals and clients to discuss feasibility of designs
- Reviewing local rules and regulations to ensure the construction project falls within all constraints
- Creating detailed drawings and specifications for architectural projects
- Specifying the materials needed for construction of projects
- Working with computer-aided design software to create blueprints and images
- Working with contractors, surveyors, and building service engineers to create a construction schedule and bring the designs to fruition
- Supervising construction of buildings to ensure projects meet deadlines, stay on budget, and adhere to the original vision for the design
- Visiting proposed locations and building sites
- Resolving issues that come up during planning and construction
- Assist the project management throughout the scheme
Skills and Qualifications required:
- Outstanding Visualisation Skills
- Understanding of Construction Technologies
- Visual Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Drawing Skills
- Ability to work with Three-Dimensional Designs
- Interest in People and the Environment
- Knowledge of Building Codes
- Registration with the Architect's Registration Board
- Minimum of Seven Years Combined Study and Practical Experience
- Written and Oral Communication Skills
- High Levels of Creativity
- Ability to Work Well Under Pressure
- Willingness to Work Long Hours
- Analytical Mind
- Problem Solving Skills
- Strong Leadership Skills
- Ability to Work Well on a Team
- Project Management Skills
- It is important that you are RIBA Qualified.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays which include a two-week Christmas closure of the office
- A contributory pension
- Travel expenses
- Free parking
- From £40,000 DOE
If you are interested please contact Sophie or click on the 'Apply Now' Button.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.