Bookkeeper/Administrator £13/hr Part-time (3 days a week)
If the idea of working in a beautiful hotel just minutes from the sea in Selsey appeals to you, then carry on reading!
This successful hotel, bar and restaurant is looking for a part-time Bookkeeper and Administrator to join their team. Ideally you will have worked within a hotel environment and be familiar with what's required. If you list multi-tasking as one of your key attributes then this is the job for you!
You will have solid experience using Quickbooks for both bookkeeping and payroll functions and have excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all that you do. GCSE Mathematics and English qualifications are a must.
The Bookkeeping function will take up two days of the week
Specific tasks include:
- Reconciling cash and takings from the bar, restaurant and hotel guests
- Reconciling commission paid to booking agents
- Entering all invoices into Quickbooks
- Awareness of supplier pricing and preparing monthly supplier payments
- Completing bank reconciliations and quarterly VAT returns
- Assisting and providing the Accountant with information
- Completing monthly payroll, monitoring staff hours and dealing with HR issues
There is also a general Administrative function that would take up another day in the week
Here's a sample of the variety of tasks and responsibilities you will have:
- Answering phone and email queries and taking restaurant or room bookings over the telephone
- Entering stock into the database and assisting with stocktakes
- Assisting with food and drink deliveries
- Updating company website with events, menus and information
- Overseeing housekeeping/laundry operation
- Weekly emptying and refilling of games machines with change and processing the weekly change order for the bank
- Updating prices and products on till system as required
- General filing scanning and archiving of correspondence/other documents
- Looking after maintenance issues ensuring they are rectified in a timely manner
If you would like to be considered for the role of Bookkeeper and Administrator please contact us on 01243 778021 or apply now.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.