Business Development Manager - Aviation
You can view all our current jobs here.
Business Development Manager
Circa £55'000 per annum
UK and European travel
Flexi hours, 25 holidays holiday, pension, non-contractual bonus
This is a relatively new role which you'll be able to make it your own to an extent, they have an established customer base and are well known in their industry.
About the role
The team manager is looking for someone with a positive attitude who is good with people and able to build good working relationships with internal departments. This would suit someone who has a couple of years' planning experience in a related manufacturing environment, e.g. mechanical, electro-mechanical, etc.
You would be working for a business who encourage promotion from within and offer a good working environment/culture - so if you are keen to expand your qualifications/ training then this is the type of company you want to be working for. They operate within the aviation industry and have an interesting product base.
They use SAP and will provide training but experience of this would be a big advantage! Saying that, as long as you have a good level of IT skills then you should be able to learn their system with some training.
Salary and benefits
The salary is circa £50000 to £55000 per annum plus a good range of benefits including flexible working hours, shopping discount schemes, 25 days' holiday, contributory pension scheme, free parking, subsidized canteen complete with sofa, salad bar and (creative coffee tables made by staff), staff showers, cycle to work /car share scheme, child care vouchers, excellent career prospects. They are based in Fareham/Southampton and are close to the motorway. You will have access to a pool car for travel.
You will have opportunities to travel around the UK and Europe, visiting their site in France as well.
What will you be doing?
- Develop a growth strategy
- Conduct research to identify new markets, new opportunities and maintain a strong knowledge of the market
- Arrange business meetings with prospective customers and identify decision makers
- Prepare proposals and contracts ensuring adherence to law established rules and company guidelines
- Proactively manage and grow existing industrial accounts by presenting new solutions and services to clients
- Build long term relationships with new and existing customers
- Work with technical, engineering, supply chain staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs and developing new services and products.
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met by the team.
Please send your CV by applying for the role or contact Tracy De Pass at FPR Group for more information. FPR Group is acting as an Employment agency on behalf of our client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…