You can view all our current jobs here.
Buying Assistant - Excellent Opportunity!
Are you looking for a Buying Assistant position that can utilise your existing skills? We are currently looking for a Buying Assistant for a Mechanical and Electrical Company in Fareham on a permanent basis. You will be reporting into Senior Buyer and working closely with the Assistant Buyer as well as with colleagues in Design, Project Management and Accounts. You will be a part of a busy Procurement Team and will play a key part in ensuring that all operational sites have the necessary materials at the right time and at the best value. You will be dealing with the full range of mechanical and electrical materials for all projects, ranging from £1,000 to £10,000.
What will you be doing?
- You will contribute to the forward planning and order placing of materials and negotiate with suppliers to obtain best value over extended products.
- Maintain productive win -win relationships with suppliers
- Monitor the delivery of materials, identify and resolve issues to ensure timely delivery.
- Liaise with the Accounts Team to resolve any queries regarding invoices.
- Maintain personal knowledge and ensue other members of the team are kept to date with product development, pricing, availability and alternatives.
- Use Enterprise software effectively, along with MS Office Software.
The ideal candidate
- Experience in procurement in a mechanical or electrical setting with good knowledge of relevant materials
- Will be a good team player, also capable of working autonomously.
- Be self - confident
- MS Office Literate
- Good general standard of education
Salary and Hours
This is a permeant position with full time hours of 40 per week paying salary for this role is paying up to £25,000 (according to experience).
If you wish to have a discreet conversation to learn more about the opportunity, please ring and ask to speak to Sasha, or alternatively please click apply to submit your CV and we will be in touch!
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I specialise in Office Support and Commercial Recruitment and deal with both temporary and permanent vacancies. I have been with FPR Group since May 2017 and I take a great deal of pride in helping my candidates take the next step in their careers doing something that they enjoy. I believe the only…