Chef De Partie
You can view all our current jobs here.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Initiate and oversee the production of all meals produced during the shift and in preparation for other shifts.
- Ensure the timely provision of high quality and optimum quantities of food from the College kitchen, relevant to the shift, for students, staff and visitors, as directed by the Sous Chef.
- To supervise the activities of all the Commis Chefs & Kitchen Porters during the shift.
- Ensure adherence to the organisation's Food Safety and Health & Safety policies at all times.
- Take responsibility for the ordering of stock as required and directed by the Sous Chef.
- Be responsible for taking delivery and safe storage of deliveries on your shift as directed by the Sous Chef.
- Ensure that necessary paperwork, administration, controls and records are undertaken and maintained as directed by the Head Chef to include Health & Safety, Food Safety and any other as requested.
- Participate in training programmes as required and, in liaison with the Sous Chef, ensure that training requirements for team members are identified and followed up.
- Ensure that high standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Cover some aspects of the Sous Chef role as appropriate and as directed.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Sous Chef/Head Chef.
- At least one year's experience working at a similar level of responsibility
- C & G 706 1/2 or NVQ 1/2 qualification or equivalent
- Able to demonstrate strong leadership, organisational, communication and planning skills
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- 33 days per holiday year (1 October to 30 September) inclusive of Bank Holidays (pro rata).
- Contributory pension scheme
- childcare vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- free and discounted places on short courses at West Dean College
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.