Chef De Partie
You can view all our current jobs here.
JOB TITLE Chef De Partie
BUSINESS AREA Food Production / Estates
RESPONSIBLE TO Head Chef / Chef Manager / Sous Chef
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To assist in the day-to-day running of the kitchen; preparing,
cooking and presenting dishes to a high standard.
Chichester, West Sussex
- Ensure the timely provision of high quality and optimum quantities of food from the kitchen, relevant to the shift, for students, staff and visitors, as directed by the Head Chef / Chef Manager.
- Initiate and oversea the production of all meals produced during the shift, and in preparation for other shifts.
- To supervise the activities of all the Commis Chefs & Kitchen Porters during the shift.
- Ensure adherence to the organisation's Food Safety and Health & Safety policies at all times.
- Take responsibility for the ordering of stock as required and directed by the Head Chef / Chef Manager.
- Be responsible for taking delivery and safe storage of deliveries on your shift as directed by the Head Chef / Chef Manager.
- Ensure that necessary paperwork, administration, controls and records are undertaken and maintained as directed by the Head Chef / Chef Manager to include Health & Safety, Food Safety and any other as requested.
- Participate in training programmes as required and, in liaison with the Head Chef / Chef Manager, ensure that training requirements for team members are identified and followed up.
- Ensure that high standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Cover some aspects of the Head Chef / Chef Manager role as appropriate and as directed.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Head Chef / Chef Manager.
- 40 hours per week, primarily straight shifts including weekends and bank holidays (hours to meet the needs of the business)
Salary and benefits:
- £20,500 per annum
- Contributory pension scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, free parking, life assurance.
33 days per holiday year (1 October to 30 September) inclusive of Bank Holidays.
We are looking for someone immediately to start this role. Therefore, if you are excited by the sound of this job opportunity, are ready to start a new role right now and have the above requirements CLICK APPLY today or get in contact with Sophie on 01243-778021
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.