Childcare workers for therapeutic children's home in Brighton
You can view all our current jobs here.
We are currently recruiting for multiple roles within an established client of ours
Working in our therapeutic children's homes and supporting children attending our therapeutic SEMH independent school, your role and duties are similar to those of a therapeutic carer, except that you will also be undertaking our 6-month work-based basic training programme that will equip you with the skills and knowledge and experience and understanding of the therapeutic task to enable you to be considered for automatic promotion to the position of therapeutic carer following relevant assessment and performance review.
As such, you will work alongside and assist your therapeutic carer colleagues and your managers to meet the everyday and complex needs of the children in our care and help them manage their sometimes challenging behaviours, support them in understanding and managing their conflicted emotions and behaviours, work collaboratively with your colleagues based at the School and other professionals to achieve the agreed outcomes for each child and within a group-living setting, and offer each child and the group as a whole real and meaningful experience of living, relating, and learning.
Salary ranges between £21637 (limited/no experience) to £21999 (regular experience)
- opportunities for additional duties and bonus payments (that can significantly increase your earning potential)
- company-paid sickness allowance
- employee group healthcare scheme funded by client for all employees
- initial 2-week orientation and a comprehensive 6-month basic training and induction programme
- a training package worth approx. £3,000.00 - £3,500.00 per employee
- excellent ongoing training and commitment to investing in your continuous professional development, including therapeutic models and reflective practice, leadership and management, designated safeguarding lead, and further post-graduate opportunities for the right candidate
- fully funded and supported attendance on our accredited Level 3 diploma in therapeutic childcare and education
- effective support through regular practice-based and reflective supervision, guidance, ongoing experiential learning, and coaching from both our executive team and external consultancy,
- working in one of the country's leading providers of integrated therapeutic childcare and education
- a supportive, caring, and understanding working environment
- real job satisfaction
- a chance to make a real difference in the lives of children
- Pay rise after 6 months completed service
Contact Louisa on 01273 711919 or email
FPR group are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.