You can view all our current jobs here.
Chichester, West Sussex
£45,000 PA plus up to 40% bonus
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Lead for our client based in the heart of Chichester. You will be working within a prestigious nursing and care home facility which focuses primarily on dementia patients. This home offers high class facilities and is surrounded by beautiful gardens. You will be working closely with the care home manager and will be solely responsible for management duties when the manager is on annual leave or away. If you have worked as a Clinical Lead before, have strong leadership skills and are looking for a fantastic new job opportunity then please read on to hear more and apply today. We want to hear from you!
What the job involves:
The purpose of the Clinical Lead is to provide expert clinical support and knowledge to the clinical and staff team in order to consistently provide the highest standard of care and customer service to all the residents in the home.
The Clinical Lead will utilise their own clinical skills and knowledge in order to actively participate in planning, delivering and evaluating care that is individual to the resident, promotes independence, choice, dignity and meets all the clinical and social needs of the resident, as documented in the residents All About Me file. Demonstrating excellent communication skills, the Clinical Lead will promote and encourage residents and family members to participate in this process.
In the absence of the Home Manager lead the team taking accountability and responsibility of the day to day running of the home, at all times evidencing an awareness and understanding of the legislative requirements of the sector in order to deliver a service that is safe, effective, caring, responsive and well led.
An integral part of the role is to demonstrate excellent leadership skills and this is achieved by:
- Practicing in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct, promoting the company policies and procedures whilst role modelling the company's Values at all
- Promote a working environment that is professional, open, honest and transparent while communicating any concerns to the Home Manager in a confidential
- Being visible and approachable to the team providing a safe environment where concerns can be raised and addressed confidentially without any
- Provide clinical support and knowledge to the clinical/care team when needed which both engages and empowers them to reflect and improve on their own
- To be role model for all staff, demonstrating and leading best practice clinically, behaving in a highly professional manor at all times aligned to the NMC Code of Conduct and company
- Maintain and update your clinical skills, taking a proactive approach to reflecting on your own training needs and the needs of the clinical and care teams, ensuring that any additional knowledge and skills required in order to meet the needs of a resident are identified and raised promptly with the Learning and Development team
- Attend and contribute to the regular Clinical Lead meetings, demonstrating an innovative approach to improving resident's wellbeing.
- Providing appropriate clinical supervision, mentoring, effective communication and Leadership of the care team including any visiting agency staff.
Skills and Experience:
- Relevant clinical lead experience in a similar environment
- Two to three years' experience working in a similar role
- Evidence of proven clinical management experience
- Relevant management experience
- Care of the elderly including dementia care
- To maintain registration with NMC
- Have strong band 6/7 nursing experience
- Demonstrate working knowledge of relevant regulation
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Displays strong leadership qualities
- Demonstrate evidence of strong leadership qualities
- Ability to be flexible, function autonomously, use own initiative
- Up to date clinical knowledge and ability
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
- Strong evidence of high-quality written records
- Strong IT skills
- Professional appearance
- Flexible approach to working
- Supportive of staff
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Understanding of confidentiality
- Relevant management experience
- Relevant postgraduate clinical or leadership
- Effective mentorship course
This role is a full-time role based on a 40-hour week. some weekends (1 in 4), occasional evening/night duties and share of the 'on call' phone.
- Hot meals and uniform paid for
- Parking on site
- Contributary pension scheme
- Paid breaks
- All background checks paid for
- Career progression opportunities
- Generous bonus scheme up to 40%
- Perk Box, being launched to all employees Dec 18
- On site free parking
- Private health Care
- Pension 5% noncontributory pension
If you believe you tick all of the above boxes for this role, please apply today to find out more descriptive details. Our well-established client is looking for someone to start as soon as possible. The interview process with be two interviews. CLICK APPLY today or if you would like more information contact Sophie 01243-778021.
FPR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.