CNC Machinist - Weekends
Are you a budding CNC Machinist looking for weekend work? Or out of work, and looking for a long-term role in precision engineering? If so, this role could be perfect for you!
We are looking for CNC Machinists to join a great company in Havant on the weekend, setting and operating CNC Lathes as part of a dynamic team in order to complete production. This company is a specialist in hyrdaulic engineering, and you would therefore be involved in various precision-level projects and working on high-grade standard and exotic metals. The machines work on a variety of programmes, including Fanuc, Heidenhain and Siemens; knowledge of at least one of these programmes, plus the ability to do setting tasks (trouble-shooting, small edits, changing heads) would be beneficial, although formal qualifications are not required.
This role will see you:
- Operating (and learning to set) CNC Lathes and Mills
- Reading mechanical drawings
- Machining parts from aluminium and steel
- Changing tooling heads and blades
- Making minor adjustments and edits
- Carrying out basic mechancial inspection
- Ensuring the machines run smoothly
- Working as part of a team to ensure there are no bottle-necks in production
- Liaising with the team to stream-line procedures
- Transporting parts to and from the required machines
If this role sounds like something you would enjoy, and you already have some working knowledge of CNC Milling or CNC Turning or general machining, scroll down and click apply and I will be in touch. This role is on the weekends, so get in touch and we can go through the details together.
FPR Group is recruiting for this role in their capacity as an Employment Business.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.