You can view all our current jobs here.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set up and prepare ingredients for breakfast, lunch and dinner services as directed by the Sous Chef.
- Cook food for each service, ensuring a high standard of quality at all times.
- Present food and dishes in the servery area, ensuring that food displays are appetising and well stocked at all times.
- Ensure that food preparation areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure that food is cleared away at the end of service and that food which can be re-used safely is utilised.
- Ensure that requisitions for food are received by the Sous Chef and freezers and refrigerators are replenished as appropriate.
- Store and rotate in date order all deliveries in the appropriate areas as required.
- Prepare items for functions, events and other special occasions as directed by the Sous Chef.
- Comply with the food safety policy and Health & Safety policy at all times and ensure temperature checks are carried out and recorded at all times as directed.
- Report any defects in equipment to the Sous Chef.
- Assist in the service of food and beverages on counter if required.
- Ensure high standards of customer service are maintained at all times.
- Cover some aspects of the Sous Chef role where appropriate and as directed.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Sous Chef.
- At least one year's experience in a similar position
- NVQ 1/2 in professional cookery or equivalent
- Level 1 Food Hygiene Certificate
- A good understanding of food preparation
- Ability to demonstrate excellent knife skills
- Willingness to learn and undertake training
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A passion for food and food service
- Knowledge of exceptional customer service
- Pension scheme
- 33 days holiday a year
- childcare vouchers
- Employee assistance program
- free and discounted places on short courses at West Dean College.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.