You can view all our current jobs here.
Temporary position 3-6 months
As part of the Integrated Adult Care Commissioning Team you will support the Council, and specifically Adult Services, to meet these challenges and the increasing demands placed on the health and social care sector. Our client is committed to ensuring continuous improvement in the commissioning of health and social care support services as part of a community of multi-disciplinary services and partners that can work together more effectively. As a Commissioning Officer you will also be part of a commissioning team that focusses on the customer to ensure that services are available and are delivered in the right place at the right time. The team works proactively and collaboratively with partners and service providers across the County to make the most effective and efficient use of resources, maximising existing community strengths whenever possible. You will seek out and use ideas and learning, collect and use robust, sound, reliable evidence and pro-actively build partnerships and relationships internally and externally to commission services across a range of areas to enable people to live healthy lives, independently in their own homes for as long as is appropriate.
The Duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Identify key findings through research and their implication for improving services over both the short and long term. Report, present and disseminate results in appropriate formats to suit the needs of different audiences. Recommend courses of action and provide advice on the impact and implications of the results and present the case for adopting a particular course of action that might otherwise not be taken.
- To manage projects and challenge existing practices and generating ideas and solutions, recognising and balancing risks with reward, meeting agreed
- Collaborate with other organisations and bodies as necessary to share knowledge and
- Design and develop research, gathering strategies and methodologies that best suit the aims and objectives of specific projects and which enable performance to be measured effectively and planning decisions to be better
- Analyse very varied and complex statistical information for the ongoing monitoring of projects / contract performance / costs as part of the commissioning
- Communicate with and develop good working relationships with a range of partners and stakeholders in order to develop expertise and provide in-depth specialist advice and
- Take a lead on creating strategic commissioning solutions to meet the Adults Social Care requirements. Role impacts on Adult Services in terms of commissioning services.
- Take a lead on creating contract management and monitoring solutions to meet the requirements of individual/groups of services. Including identification and evaluation of technological and electronic tools to improve efficiency of service performance / contract
- To secure by negotiation and other commissioning / purchasing techniques, maximum economic advantage from the purchasing power available to the county council and other partner bodies thereby obtaining best value for money whilst still meeting the demands of public accountability, professional ethics and the necessity of users to receive goods and services of the right quality at the right time and at the right
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of high risk / high value complex projects, ensuring that their development and renewal through a complex procurement process complies with Standing Orders on Procurement and Contracts, Statutory Instruments and European Union (EU) Procurement Directives. They must continue to deliver value for money through regular performance monitoring and liaison with both customers and contractors to meet the requirements of Best Value.
- The work may involve substantial exposure to people or subject matter, which may occasionally place minimal emotional or environmental demands on the job
- The role requires the post holder to use concentrated mental attention over prolonged periods, on various tasks in order to manage very high risk/high value projects. Involving continuous monitoring of performance, developing procedures, or analysis of very varied and complex information /statistics.
- A driving licence required for the role.
- Responsible for managing performance data and keeping accurate and up to date records.
Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm.
£20.62 per hour for 3-6 months.
If you are interested please contact Sophie or click on the 'Apply Now' Button.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.