Contract Manufacturing Engineer (CNC) - Havant - c£25ph Ltd
Manufacturing Engineer (CNC) - Havant - c£25ph Ltd
Are you an experienced Manufacturing Engineer looking for a new contract? This could be your opportunity to work for a global company who are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join them for a 12-18 month contract.
You will be able to use your CNC skills/knowledge with your experience of implementing lean manufacturing techniques (e.g. value stream mapping, one piece flow, etc.), knowledge of Six Sigma concepts and tools to minimise process / product variability and a thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action.
This role will utilise your previous knowledge of 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Pareto charts, etc. within a machine shop environment.
You would use your energy and drive support plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organisation.
Working in a large manufacturing facility who are part of a huge corporation so your chances or progression are strong along with your choices for training and further education once settled into the role.
They have a modern working environment, free parking, strong people ethos, subsidised canteen and a professional work place. For the right candidate the rate of pay would be in the region of £25 per hour Ltd depending on experience.
The mainstay of your role will be to develop manufacturing processes and lean methodologies, they need someone with a talent for coming up with solutions and getting things done. There may also be the occasional requirement to travel to customers/suppliers etc so it's helpful to have some flexibility.
What you have and what we are looking for:
- Strong knowledge of CNC machining within manufacturing - Experience in a machine shop or working for a manufacturer who use CNC Machining as part of their process. Some hands-on CNC machining experience would be a huge advantage.
- HNC/HND, degree or apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering (or a similar discipline)
- Happy to work in a Corporate environment with the ability to influence across functions and hierarchy
- Excellent communication skills (ability to provide and foster effective on-going communication at all levels of the organization)
- Team player attitude, proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Experience within a mechanical, automotive, electro-mechanical manufacturing environment
- Experience within a Manufacturing/Production Engineering role in a manufacturing/production environment or machine shop
- Experience of new product introduction
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Methodologies, Kaizan, 5S, etc
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and technical specifications
- Trouble shooting experience and problem solving abilities
- Able to draft technical reports & present findings
- Experience of manufacturing routings and Bills of Materials
- Knowledge of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical assembly techniques
- Proficiency in various software applications - i.e. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, MiniTab, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, TS19649, etc.).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading company and make a real difference in a company that prides itself on it's employees.
So if this role sounds like your perfect next opportunity then click the apply button now or call Jez at our Havant Office to discuss in more detail.
*FPR Group are acting as an employment business in relation to this role. All Ltd company contractors must operate inside IR35 and have sufficient insurance policies in place to be eligible for this position.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Jez Cook CertRP
I have been working for FPR Group for over three and a half years. I specialise in sourcing skilled and technical engineering contractors to work across the UK for prestigious international clients predominantly in the aerospace, filtration and automotive industries.