You can view all our current jobs here.
Do you want to work within a fantastic credit control team? This role based in Petersfield is a fantastic opportunity to be within a credit control team within the manufacturing company in the finance department. You will be responsible for treasury, purchase ledger, payroll, financial/project/management accounting and fleet operations for the selling, service & manufacturing operations of the UK business. This role forms part of a team of four responsible for credit control of the (invoice, application and Service) sales ledger (£10m/400 accounts). Think you're up to the job? Want to know more? Read below and get in touch today!
Tell me More!
As a Credit Controller, you will perform the key areas of the role by enabling the company to achieve its strategies, objectives and targets. Employees will show their commitment to the company by implementing and complying with processes and procedures. Company objectives will be discussed and agreed at Management Review Meetings then cascaded down to all employees during annual PDR appraisals and other regular departmental communications.
- Allocation of cash on a daily basis
- Raise manual VAT invoices & return self-billing receipts
- Maintain meaningful chase notes on the Baan system
- Process new customer accounts/orders
- Escalation of overdue payments to legal action
- Order credit reports
- Evaluate all new orders within 48 hours of receipt.
- Where appropriate, authorise credit for new orders in accordance with the authority
- Set/maintain/monitor credit
- Devise and agree payment plans for higher risk clients.
- Identify emerging credit risk situations and mitigate with appropriate action
- Put service ledger clients on stop for non-payment of aged debt.
- Seek to meet daily/weekly/monthly/annual cash collection targets and debt profile metrics e.g. DSO and %age
- Recovery of retention balances in line with contractual
- Ensure the effective allocation of cash receipts on a daily
- Prepare supporting schedules to support bad debt and credit note provisioning
- Manage the self-billing VAT invoice
- Ensure that ledger discrepancies are eliminated in a timely
- Maintain close links with Finance and Commercial teams/management for earliest awareness of credit risk
- Attend meetings and provide input into debtor reviews as
- Adhere credit control to month end timetables and
- Continuous improvement of credit control processes, procedures and
- Escalation to Credit Controller Manager for high risk/overdue
- Monthly reviews with Credit Controller Manager/Commercial Manager or Director for all outstanding Applications/Invoices.
- Monthly Service ledger reviews with Finance Director, Service Manager and Business Support Co ordinator.
- Raise paperwork for credit
- Issue monthly
- Escalate queries and maintain notes regarding
- It is the duty of all employees to act within the legal responsibilities imposed upon them and the company QHSE
- All employees are to be familiar with the integrated management system processes and procedures of the
- We are committed to ensuring regulatory compliance for the products and solutions we
- Employees must adhere to processes and procedures that have been implemented to ensure compliance.
- Employees must report any concerns to their line manager or the Technical Director/Compliance
Skills and Qualifications:
- GCSE or equivalent Maths & English
- AAT qualified or studier (desirable)
- £24,000 per anum
- Office based - Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
- 25 days plus the 8 statutory holidays in England and Wales
- A company pension which has been awarded the Pension Quality Mark PLUS by the National Association of Pension Funds
- Staff car parking facilities at the Petersfield and Havant sites
- A no smoking policy is in operation
- Approved Cycle to Work scheme
If you want to learn more about the role, please call Sophie on 02394 211077 FPR Group is acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.