Customer Service Adviser
You can view all our current jobs here.
Customer Service Adviser
£21,500 - £25,000 DOE
Are you looking for a new challenge? Have good Customer Service skills? Look no further!
We are recruiting for a Customer Service Adviser, we are looking for someone who has a great work ethic, can roll with a fast-paced environment with a can-do attitude. As a Customer Service Adviser, you will be ensuring customers are able to quickly and efficiently screen any pre-existing medical conditions to ensure the customers fully understand the coverage provided by their policies. Read below to find out more of what is required!
Day to day responsibilities:
- Accurately carry out medical screenings in line with policy guidelines relaying clear and quick messages to the customer regarding their coverage.
- Provide an empathetic approach for all our customers by putting yourself in their shoes and understanding their needs.
- Attempt to resolve disputes with customers, referring to your colleagues for advice if needed. Proactively present solutions to problems and ensure the principles of Treating Customers Fairly are considered. Where complaints cannot be resolved, ensure these are escalated.
- Take ownership of your personal workload, ensuring tasks are handled in a timely manner and are prioritised in order of importance.
- Communicate clearly with colleagues in all other departments such as the Medical Assistance and Claims to ensure that customers receive a seamless end-to-end service.
- Ensure compliance with client and regulatory requirements throughout all aspects of the role. This includes, but is not limited to, data protection, treating customers fairly and complaints handling.
- Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six Values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering High quality Work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change.
What do I need?
- Naturally empathetic to a variety of customer needs.
- Effective at conversation management ensuring a personalised journey for each customer.
- High levels of resilience to ensure work is effective and efficient even in times of pressure.
- Ability to multitask switching between work both on and off the phone.
- Focused on the task at hand with attention to detail for accurate medical risk assessments.
- Proactive in their approach to all aspects of their work.
- First class verbal and written communication skills.
- Great team player with the ability to contribute positively and supports others in times of surge.
- High levels of organisation of both time and workload.
- Computer literate, must be comfortable navigating a computer system.
- Experience within the insurance sector - Desirable
- Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week
- Free on-site parking
- Free use of our well-equipped on-site gymnasium
- Corporate membership of BH Live.
- Free club house with pool table, air hockey, table tennis, darts
- Incremental Holiday - Increasing with length of service from 28 days to 38 days, including Bank Holidays.
- Annual performance bonus dependent on company performance and achieving personal objectives.
- Incremental salary scales for eligible roles reflecting your personal performance and progression in your role.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Holiday Travel Insurance - After 1 years' service, you are eligible to receive free annual travel insurance (currently with Chubb and excludes UK travel; terms and conditions apply), for yourself, your partner and accompanying children. Worth £53 per year.
- Staff canteen
- Childcare Vouchers - Paid directly from your salary, enabling you to save up to £933* per parent per year through reduced tax and National Insurance contributions (*amount saved depends on level of earnings, value of vouchers purchased etc.) The scheme cannot accept new applicants after 5th April 2018, a Government scheme will be available. For more information, please go to childcarechoices.gov.uk.
- Cycle to Work Scheme
If you are interested in hearing more and believe you are the perfect candidate, please contact Sophie or click on the 'Apply Now' Button.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.