You can view all our current jobs here.
My client is looking for a department leader to join their team in despatch based locally to Bognor Regis.
You will be responsible for ensuring activities within the function are planned, managed and carried out to the company's expected standards. You will set productivity targets and monitor progress against these, you will communicate performance against the target to the section leaders. You will also ensure seamless handover to fellow department leaders at end of shift. You will need to plan manning and equipment to budgets in order to be cost effective and meet the daily plan. Work should also be planned to meet customer and client requirements and is compliant with the company's health and safety protocols.
- Driving the process and team to meet the plan
- Able to work in a systematic and proactive manner
- Ability to execute plan and coordinate tasks and people
- Ability to manage a team
- Good communication skills
- Manufacturing/production/logistics experience
- Reviewing projected orders on the system
- Assisting the production manager in the creation of the daily production plan
- Ensuring that the plan is delivered to the team and is understood
- Liaising with other functional department leaders and section leaders as required to ensure the lines are kept moving throughout the shift
- Ensuring that checks are carried out to verify correct quantities are present and that quality is high
- Reporting and monitoring error rates variances as required
Salary between 22k-24kMust be able to work shift patterns
If you have the skills and experience stated above then I would love to hear from you! Please contact Sophie on 01243 778 021 or
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.