Deputy Shop Floor Manager
You can view all our current jobs here.
Have you gained experience leading/supervising others within engineering production or manufacturing and seek that career step up? If so then we have a Deputy Shop Floor Manager role on which will lead to Shop Floor Manager in time - to join a busy fabrication and assembly operation in Havant with a team of 30 on site.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious production leader within engineering who wants that step up into management!
Tell me more!!
This company are global leaders who design, machine, fabricate, assemble and distribute their products globally. This role is based at their Havant hub near to Portsmouth. They will pay a salary of £30000, on top of this there is a productivity bonus which would come in at in between £1200 and £1500 a year and of course, most enticingly, offer that next career rung to become the Shop Floor Manager likely within the next 18months.
Most importantly your attitude, professionalism, resilience and ambition are key to leading by example a very driven team of around 20 shop floor workers across machining and fabrication, production and logistics. The team are a great bunch of people, loyal, hardworking and will expect their new Deputy to be happy to roll up their sleeves if needed and show commitment and willingness to push the operations forwards.
You'll support the Shop Floor Manager in planning, coordinating and strategically improving all aspects of the production flow ensuring expected demand and quality levels are met.
What do I need?
- Extensive experience in a production shop floor environment.
- Demonstrable examples of leading people successfully
- Understanding of Lean manufacturing and continuous improvement.
- A good understanding of QHSE standards
- To demonstrate beyond any doubt critical values required - ambition, genuine desire to help others, always looking for the solution, positivity, giving your all and always looking to continuously improve!
- Ideally holding a form of 6 Sigma/Lean qualification and/or qualification in management.
If you wish to discuss this role in more detail please contact Neil Williams at FPR Group for a chat on 02392483944 or click on "Apply Now" to send your CV to us, we will review and come back to you swiftly! FPR Group is acting within the capacity of a Recruitment Agency for their client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.