You can view all our current jobs here.
Our client manufactures a variety of products for the construction and civil engineering industry; they are based in West Sussex and have a varied and interesting line of products and services. You would be joining a friendly team with a good sense of humour, the manager is extremely supportive and wants to see his team grow and develop.
They are looking to add to their Technical Design to join their team, you would be working in a modern, open plan office with plenty of parking and a great atmosphere.
What are they looking for?
- Competent using Solidworks or a similar design package, there will be a competency test at interview stage to check your way around Solidworks
- Some 2D AutoCAD experience
- Knowledge of the construction industry role would be great but an interest in the industry would be fine
- A degree in a design biased qualification or something similar would be ideal but other qualifications would be considered
- Someone who is enthusiastic and passionate
- Must be able to read engineering drawings
- Competent with AutoCAD 2D
- The role involves a lot of communication both internally and externally so you will need to have strong communication skills - verbal and written, this role involves regular contact with clients to ascertain their requirements and talk through solution as well as carrying technical dialogue with contractors, architects, engineers, mould manufacturers and suppliers
- This would suit someone who has a natural leaning towards problem solving and thinking outside of the box to provide clients with solutions
Creating solutions for the building, construction and rail industry
Liaison with production department on both product design, methods of manufacture and delivery schedules
This is a varied role which includes design and detailing, take offs, estimating and project administration
Producing 2D drawings and 3D CAD models for pricing, customer approval and manufacture
Speaking to customers to understand their specific requirements
Handling customer enquiries through to order delivery
Salary is circa £25000 per annum depending on experience, there is a company bonus scheme (based on personal and company performance), 20 days' holiday (plus Bank Holidays), good working environment/friendly team and a contributory pension scheme. Hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
If you are interested in this position or wish to discuss the opportunity further please contact or call 023 92 453 377
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…