Design Engineer - Mechanical Engineering
Looking for a fast-paced engineering role in Design? We have a permanent design engineering role within a large manufacturer in the Petersfield are who are an impressive world leader in their industry.
They are looking to expand their team of Design Engineers and currently have 2 permanent openings, you will of course need a mechanical engineering degree and we would be happy to consider 2018 graduates as well as experienced, knowledgeable Engineers.
The main purpose of the role is systems design for their range of solutions, applications are mostly commercial and industrial (including car parks, production facility, shopping centres, office buildings, etc). you will need to provide technical support to the sales and project teams on all design related aspects.
This role is easily commutable from Portsmouth, Southampton, Waterlooville, Chichester, Havant, Fareham, and surrounding areas.
The starting salary for this role is £25'000 to £30'000 per annum but we may be able to flex for the right skills, plus you would receive benefits including free parking, pension scheme, and career progression/training.
Skills and Experience…
- Mechanical biased design experience
- Some knowledge of Building Services, HVAC, Ventilation, etc would be an advantage but sector experience can be trained if you have a strong mechanical engineering background.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services
- Conversant reading technical/architectural/construction and mechanical drawings
- Strong communication skills - experience presenting to internal and external audiences
- Experience providing design support and communicating technical information to sales and project teams
- Able to work to deadlines and happy working on multiple projects
- Some project experience would be helpful but not essential
- Driving licence - some travel to clients may be required
- This would suit someone who is driven and self-motivated
FPR Group are acting as an employment agency on behalf of our client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…