You can view all our current jobs here.
Our client manufactures a variety of products for the construction and civil engineering industry; they are based in West Sussex and have a varied and interesting line of products and services. You would be joining a friendly team with a good sense of humour, the manager is extremely supportive and wants to see his team grow and develop. You will need a car unless you live quite locally, the company is commutable from Petworth, Haywards Heath, Crawley, Horsham, Slinfold, Worthing and surrounding areas.
They are looking to add a Technical Designer to their Technical Design team; you would be working in a modern, ope plan office with plenty of parking and a great atmosphere.
What are they looking for?
* Confident in using Solidworks as a design package (there will be a competency test at interview stage to check your way around Solidworks)
* Some 2D AutoCAD experience
* Knowledge of, or an interest in the construction industry role would happily be considered.
Someone who is enthusiastic and passionate - this is vital, you'll be working as part of an awesome team who work hard and love their job.
* Must be able to read engineering drawings
* Some knowledge of AutoCAD 2D
This would suit someone who has a natural leaning towards problem solving and thinking outside of the box to provide clients with solutions - and if you have a creative flair then even better!!
The role involves a lot of communication both internally and externally so you will need to have strong communication skills - verbal and written, this role involves regular contact with clients to ascertain their requirements and talk through solutions as well as carrying technical dialogue withcontractors, architects, engineer, mould manufacturers and suppliers so you need to be happy talking with people on the phone.
This is a varied role, which includes design and detailing, take offs, estimating and project administration
* Producing 2D drawings and 3D CAD models for pricing, customer approval and manufacture
* Creating solutions for the building, construction and rail industry
* Liaison with production department on both product design, methods of manufacture and delivery schedules
* Speaking to customers to understand their specific requirements
* Preparing quotations
* Handling customer enquiries through to order delivery
Salary is circa £25,000 per annum depending on experience; there is a company bonus scheme (based on personal and company performance), 20 days' holiday (plus Bank Holidays), good working environment / friendly team, modern open plan offices and a contributory pension scheme. Hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday - Friday.
If you are interested in this position or wish to discuss the opportunity further, please contact or call 02392 453377.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I joined the Technical and Engineering Team of FPR Group in November 2018, working on permanent vacancies. I always aim to place candidates in roles which positively exceed their career expectations, and have a keen focus on consistently delivering the ultimate customer service.