Engineering Manager - Manager
Engineering Manager - Havant circa £60000 to £65000 per annum
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager to look after the Engineering activities within NPD (New Product Development) and product engineering support for production. You would be working in a large manufacturing facility who are part of a huge corporation so your chances or progression are strong along with your choices for training and further education once settled into the role.
You would play a critical part in the development of their products, liaising with sales functions and customers, to discuss new product requirements or modifications, managing projects and controlling product design, overseeing Gate Reviews, Design Reviews, Project Reviews, RPS/MPS, Quoting, Project Management, Engineering OPEX and Cost Out. Reviewing progress, evaluating results, and initiating change.
Creating engineering strategies to provide direction for engineering functions alongside group activities, manage organisational structure within engineering to support regional requirements. Create and manage budgets, represent products/company with industry organizations.
You would use your energy and drive develop future talent within engineering and involve yourself in STEM activities to help with bringing a continual flow of skills into the business.
- Experience within a senior Engineering role with a track record of managing teams of multi-disciplined engineers
- Background in design within mechanical or electro-mechanical sectors
- Experience in a senior role within a production environment
- Exposure to assembly and CNC machining environments
- Project management experience
- Degree qualified within a relevant Engineering discipline
- Able to work in a Corporate environment with the ability to influence across functions and hierarchy
- Excellent communication skills (ability to provide and foster effective on-going communication at all levels of the organization)
- Team player attitude, proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Some knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement methods, approaches and tools; planning and project management;
- Experience in engineering design and product reliability concepts
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (i.e., ISO9001, TS19649, etc.).
Starting salary is circa £60000 to £65000 per annum (depending on the level of experience and relevance of experience), benefits include pension, parking, canteen, reward schemes and modern working environment, Health Plan, 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays, Subsidised Gym Membership.
Click the apply button now! Or simply get in contact with Tracy De Pass for a confidential chat about the role and your ambitions, on 02392 45 33 77.
FPR Group is acting as an employment business in relation to this role.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…