We are looking for an experienced facilities/maintenance engineer to work in a busy, fast paced production facility in Chichester - the role would be working on a double day shift and will operate as part of the engineering team.
Salary and benefits
The salary is £22'000 per annum (£26300 including the 20% uplift on shift) They also have an annual bonus scheme, there is also a range of benefits including 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays.
What will you be doing?
Your main role would be to provide a comprehensive and reactive service to all aspects of the plant, equipment, site maintenance and upgrades/alterations, basic building fabric repairs and upkeep, monitoring site services and facilities.
They can train certain aspects of the role but are keen to employ someone with a good range of hands on technical skill/ability. You would be looking after things like a boiler plants, effluent treatment plant, cooling towers, soft water plant, minor building repairs/maintenance as well as supporting the engineering team on a daily basis. The key to this role is finding someone who has a flexible and helpful attitude to work, your role could vary greatly and they need someone who is happy to help and get stuck in as well as possess a solid range of technical ability.
What can you bring to the role?
- Solid maintenance/facilities/M&E background would be desirable but relevant experience is welcomed
- Competent all-rounder with regards to fixing equipment within offices and production facilities
- Engineering qualification or apprenticeship
- Someone who has worked in a hands on technical role, e.g. vehicle maintenance, facilities maintenance, boiler repairs/general building maintenance
- You will need to have good communication skills as you will be a key member of the team and often liaise with internal departments
- Someone who is self-motivated within a good team spirit would be best suited to the role
- Full/Valid driving licence
- Computer literate (inhouse systems, excel, word, emails etc)
- Flexible attitude to work and responsibilities and a can do attitude
Please send your CV by applying for the role or contact Tracy De Pass at FPR Group for more information. FPR Group is acting as an Employment agency on behalf of our client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…