Field Support Engineer
You can view all our current jobs here.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Support Engineer (salary of £36,000 per annum) with experience of high-speed machinery, electronic control systems and power electrics to join one of the fastest growing small technology companies in the UK!
You will have the chance to travel to different parts of the world, seeing client's solutions first hand, being their dedicated engineer working closely with the Sales department also.
Our client is a world leader in advanced exhaust energy recovery technologies for reciprocating engines. These are the dominant plant for power generation in remote areas for renewable fuels and for biomass energy applications. They work closely with leading engine manufacturers and genset integrators to improve engine efficiency; so increasing power output, improve fuel efficiency and reducing emissions - something which is so key in today's atmosphere.
And the Role?
Essentially you will be the customer support system, and have strong knowledge of their requirements, application and integration of application to their site. As their engineering point of contact, you will be providing technical support in line with all commercial agreements, in addition to providing site support and also engineering support to include supporting the Performance team. You will assist with data analysis and development of tools for site use in addition to taking responsibility for the creation and updating of all bulletins, user guides and service-related communications.
As the successful Support Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all stakeholders are informed of high profile or impact customer issues following meetings with customers and internal teams.
- First line fault diagnosis and working with internal engineering teams to find resolution
- Root cause documentation and proposal of changes in process to avoid future occurrence
- Manage all issues raised by the customers
- Support the development of new customer applications and understand the integration with the customer's system.
- Test new products and installations and liaise with engineering teams to ensure the optimum engineering solution is deployed on site.
- Overseas travel at short notice, occasionally for long periods.
Am I right for the role?
The ideal candidate someone who is keen to pursue a career where travel is a key aspect.
You will be a true hands-on engineering all-rounder with experience within high speed machinery, electronic control systems and power electronics. In addition to a recent degree (a scientific or technical subject is preferred) you will have excellent communication skills, work well within a team and be able to demonstrate and promote openness whilst listening and accommodating others' input.
The following would also be ideal:
- Have availability to travel overseas at short notice and occasionally for long periods.
- Hold a current passport and EU/UK driving license.
- Experience within automotive or power generation industry
- A solid understanding of diesel engines and generator sets
- Proven track record in customer facing roles, able to represent the company to a very high professional standard.
We are looking for someone who is energetic, full of enthusiasm and is personally committed to achieving objectives set; someone who has outstanding communication skills within all mediums, whilst able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritising accordingly.
This person will also be able to work on their own initiative, be goal orientated, data driven and also have the ability to focus for a long period of time, retaining high levels of engagement. You will be keen to develop your skills further, be receptive to feedback it would be great if you have experience working within a small company environment - this company is one of the fastest growing small technology companies in the UK!
In addition to a salary of up to £36,000 per annum, you will receive:
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite parking
If you like the sound of this position and would like to be considered for the position, please hit 'Apply' to send your CV over. If you have any questions on this position, please call the Havant office on 02392 453377 and ask for Peyton.
FPR Group are an agency acting on behalf of our client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I joined the Technical and Engineering Team of FPR Group in November 2018, working on permanent vacancies. I always aim to place candidates in roles which positively exceed their career expectations, and have a keen focus on consistently delivering the ultimate customer service.