You can view all our current jobs here.
Bosham, West Sussex
£20,000 - £22,000
We're recruiting for a Finance Assistant for our outstanding client based just outside of Chichester in Bosham, West Sussex. If you are looking to get into accounts or have finance and accounts experience and are looking for your next step in your career, this could just be the position for you. We are looking for an entry level Finance Assistant who is a team player, someone with drive for their career and has a can-do attitude, ready to get stuck into anything that is thrown at them. If you believe this could be the role for you, read below to find out more and get in touch today.
Our client works within the commercial property industry and is looking for a Finance Assistant to join the friendly team and help assist within Finance. The Finance Assistant responsibilities include, managing invoices, processing payments, and maintaining the finance sheet daily. Ultimately, the person in this role will help manage our company's financial health and assist in the cash flow management for the whole Group.
The Duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Updating financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- Preparing balance sheets
- Tracking and reconciling bank statements
- Process incoming invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and individuals as needed
- creating and sending invoices out to suppliers, chasing payments when these haven't been received.
- Assist the team with the monthly aged creditor reports
- Provide support when the financial director is preparing for the monthly board meetings
- Support monthly payroll and maintain records
- Any other assistance as needed, whilst working with the Finance director and Finance Administrator
Qualifications and experience:
- Work experience as a Finance Assistant, Bookkeeper, or similar role.
- Good knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Proficient in MS excel - be skilled in creating spreadsheets and using the excel financial functions
- Ability to use accounting software - ideally Sage
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors and suggest improvements in accuracy, efficiency, and reducing costs
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays which include a two-week Christmas closure of the office
- A contributory pension
- Travel expenses
- Free parking Early lunchtime finish on a Friday
- Office based, Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week with an early finish on Friday
- £20,000 - £22,000
This role is a great opportunity within an award-winning company. If you are interested and believe you fit the job spec, then hit apply today or to find out more details, get in contact with Sophie today.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.