You can view all our current jobs here.
Bosham, West Sussex
£24,000 + DOE
We're recruiting for a Finance Assistant for our outstanding client based just outside of Chichester in Bosham, West Sussex. If you are looking to get into accounts or have finance and accounts experience and are looking for your next step in your career, this could just be the position for you. We are NOT looking for candidates with accounts experience, this is not essential. We are looking for someone who either has an entry level finance background or somebody who is dynamic and has an admin/events/customer service background who can help get involved within different teams of the business. We are looking for someone who is a team player, has a can-do attitude, ready to get stuck into anything that is thrown at them. If you believe this could be the role for you, read below to find out more and get in touch today.
Our client works within the commercial property industry and is looking for a Finance Assistant to join the friendly team and help assist within Finance. The Finance Assistant responsibilities include, managing invoices, processing payments, and maintaining the finance sheet daily. Ultimately, the person in this role will help manage our company's financial health and assist in the cash flow management for the whole Group.
The Duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Updating financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- Preparing balance sheets
- Tracking and reconciling bank statements
- Process incoming invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and individuals as needed
- creating and sending invoices out to suppliers, chasing payments when these haven't been received.
- Assist the team with the monthly aged creditor reports
- Provide support when the financial director is preparing for the monthly board meetings
- Support monthly payroll and maintain records
- Any other assistance as needed, whilst working with the Finance director and Finance Administrator
Qualifications and experience:
- Work experience as a Finance Assistant, Bookkeeper, Administrator or Customer Service role
- Proficient in MS excel - be able to creating spreadsheets and using the excel financial functions
- Ability to use accounting software - ideally Sage (NOT ESSENTIAL)
- Organisational and time-management skills
- Attention to detail, with an ability to spot numerical errors and suggest improvements in accuracy, efficiency, and reducing costs
- Access to team bonus scheme and other perks
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays which include a two-week Christmas closure of the office without having to use your holiday
- A contributory pension
- Travel expenses
- Flexible hours over the week
- Hybrid working on offer
- Team social days out
- Free parking
- Office based, Monday - Friday 37.5 hours per week with an early finish on Friday
- 32 hours per week with flexible working hours (core hours 10.00am - 4.00pm)
- £24,000 + DOE
This role is a great opportunity within an award-winning company. If you are interested and believe you fit the job spec, then hit apply today or to find out more details, get in contact with Sophie today.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.