You can view all our current jobs here.
We are working with a family run company which have been established for almost 50 years. They have a good reputation for value, quality and customer service, based in the heart of Selsey on the south coast. They are seeking an exciting new role for the business, a General Manager.
As the General manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of the business. The management structure currently includes a Bar Manager, Restaurant Manager, Head Chef as well as Office support staff and hotel reservations. The role will require you to be hands on to some extent and you will be required to provide front of house supervision, running, supervising and covering some shifts in the bar or restaurant when necessary to cover holidays and busy periods. The business relies on good relations with the local community and role requires you to build a good rapport with our customers and essentially be the host and figure head of the business.
You will also be responsible for:
- Maintaining high levels of customer service
- Supervising or preparing rotas
- Chairing managers meetings
- Dealing with Maintenance issues
- General staff training - some training will be given by external companies and department managers but you will be responsible for organising these.
- Ensuring compliance with Food Hygiene requirements, Fire Regulations, insurance requirements and any other statutory requirements. This will generally involve regular checks and inspections of certain elements of the business
- Marketing. Although this role does not require you to design, or produce elements of marketing it does require you to make sure that the marketing is carried to a set standard and to the directors requirements
- business development is an ongoing responsibility and you will be required to work with your team to implement promotions in order to increase business revenue and profile
- Although the various managers will negotiate prices with suppliers you will need to supervise and oversee this
- The owners require feedback on a regular basis, this will be done by compiling and producing certain reports
- Overseeing and reviewing Stocktakes
- P&L controls
You should have:
- fresh food background
- sound knowledge of wines and beers
- previous experience running a similar establishment
- experience working in Hotels
- great leadership skills
- a passion for hospitality
- track record of working with in budgets and P&L controls
The hours will be on a shift basis, at 48 hours per week. You will also be required to open and close the building occasionally.
£30,000 + DOE
If you are interested please contact Sophie or Louise or click on the 'Apply Now' Button.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.