You can view all our current jobs here.
FPR Group have been given an exciting opportunity to recruit for a talented General Manager to join our well-established client within the centre of Chichester.
As the General Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running of the business. You will be responsible for the running of the restaurant/cocktail bar initially and then 6 months later there is potential for you to also be responsible for the new American Diner (next door to the Restaurant/cocktail bar).
The role will require you to be hands on to some extent and you will be required to provide front of house supervision, running, supervising and covering some shifts in the bar/restaurant when necessary to cover holidays and busy periods.
The business relies on good relations with the local community and wants the restaurant to be the one everyone wants to go too. Therefore the role requires you to build a fantastic rapport with the customers.
- Recruitment for all areas
- Maintaining high levels of customer service
- Supervising or preparing rotas
- Creating the menu with the chefs
- Dealing with Maintenance issues
- Ensuring compliance with Food Hygiene requirements, Fire Regulations, insurance requirements and any other statutory requirements. This will generally involve regular checks and inspections of certain elements of the business
- Business development is an ongoing responsibility and you will be required to work with your team to implement promotions in order to increase business revenue and profile
- Although the various managers will negotiate prices with suppliers you will need to supervise and oversee this
- The owners require feedback on a regular basis, this will be done by compiling and producing certain reports
- P&L controls
Ideal candidate should have:
- Management within a Food/Hotel Chain
- Sound knowledge of wines and beers
- Previous experience running a similar establishment
- Great leadership skills
- A passion for hospitality
- Track record of working with in budgets and P&L controls
- 24 days holiday
- Hours TBC
- Working weekends, however do have Monday & Tuesdays off.
We are looking to set up interviews shortly so if you are excited by this job opportunity CLICK APPLY today or if you would like more information contact Sophie 01243-778021.
FPR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I specialise in temporary and permanent commercial recruitment. I endeavour to always offer my clients and candidates an extremely professional level of service. During the busy events season I also support the Catering & Hospitality team with onsite co-ordination, as well as being a 24 hour…