Governance and Risk Specialist
You can view all our current jobs here.
Governance and Risk Specialist
New job for the New Year???? A fantastic opportunity! If you have worked within Insurance before and looking for not only a new job but a new career in a company you can progress within, read below and get in touch today!
As the Government and Risk Specialist, you will be reporting to the Head of Supply Chain & Governance (HSCG), the Governance and Risk Specialist will ensure that there is a suitable risk management and oversight programme in place to support the business in addressing operational, regulatory and compliance risks both internally and with regards to its key suppliers.
The Duties and responsibilities of this position are:
- Support the co-ordination and delivery of compliance enabling activities, which will confirm the business is managing its compliance risks
- Ensuring compliance with client and regulatory service requirements within area of assistance operations and key suppliers working alongside the relevant teams.
- Development of consistent and appropriate controls and oversight measures together with MI to meet internal and regulatory requirements and to ensure that operational, compliance and client risks are mitigated.
- Developing and rolling out governance procedures in conjunction with the HSCG as may be necessary across the supply base and operations to support the Group Assurance Policies.
- Ensuring that preventative or corrective measures are facilitated, developed and delivered re any identified issues.
- Proactively provide internal support to functional heads to support the delivery of new client due diligence requirements and existing client audits and oversight activity.
- Support the Group Assurance team in the review and adaptation of training materials to ensure that Group Assurance policies and procedures are followed and to aid operational staff understanding.
- The coordination and management of DP breach review meetings and communications with the business on DP matters.
- The provision of Management Information and analysis as may be required in conjunction with Group DPO.
- Work closely with the Group DPO Team re DP related matters which are related or impact the business
- Identify risks, issues and concerns ensuring preventive measures/action plans are developed and delivered.
- Accountable for supporting the establishment and ongoing management of risk management and governance processes and procedures for all key third party suppliers and internally within operations so that processes undertaken can be assessed.
- Contribute to the auditing and evaluation of 3rd parties at contract commencement and during the duration of contracts.
Qualifications and experience required:
- At least 2 years operational experience - mandatory
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure - mandatory
- Strong, effective commercial negotiation and influencing skills - mandatory
- Good problem-solving skills - mandatory
- Internal influence and motivation skills to move towards a common vision or goal- mandatory
- Experience of working within a financial services operations' environment, with bias towards insurance claims and/or emergency services - desirable
- Ability to take complex issues and produce clear summary - desirable
- Problem solving - desirable
- Advanced communication skills (verbal, written and presentation) - desirable
- Experience and knowledge of General Insurance regulatory practices, methodologies and tools - desirable
- At least 2 years' experience of working within a regulated business preferably insurance - desirable
- Understanding of risk management principles and practices - desirable
- To be a role model - doing things wholeheartedly, communicating with passion and enthusiasm and embracing change as a way of working.
- Pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness acknowledging strengths and areas for development.
- Demonstrate and role model the Charles Taylor six Values by ensuring a Supportive Environment, upholding Excellence in People, focusing on Partnership with Clients, delivering High quality Work, promoting Group-wide Entrepreneurship and having an Appetite for Change.
- Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm 37.5 hours a week
- Hybrid working - Work from home three days per week and two days a week in the office
- £23,000 - £30,000 DOE
- Incremental holiday plan starting at 20 days a year, plus 8 public holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free Health Cash Plan worth £1700 per annum
- Additional pay for foreign language speakers (starting from £948 for one language up to £2,342 for 4 languages)
- Generous high-street perks scheme for family and friends
- Annual bonus scheme
- Free travel insurance (subject to qualifying criteria)
- Discounts on home and motor insurance
- Free on-site parking
If you are interested and believe you fit the job spec, then hit apply today or to find out more details, get in contact with Sophie today.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.