You can view all our current jobs here.
Human Resources Advisor
£35,000 - Fixed term contract - Maternity Cover - Full-time
An exciting opportunity is available for a Human Resources Advisor to join an experienced and committed team with our client based in West Sussex. The role is a full-time role of 40 hours per week Monday - Friday. If you have HR experience and are looking for a new opportunity, read on and apply today!!
As a HR Advisor, you will be working within a small operational HR team to provide a professional HR service with the highest possible standards of compliance, advice and support to our stakeholders. This will be to business partners with key managers and supervisors, assisting and supporting them in the people management of their departments, which includes advising on disciplinary and grievance issues, absence, performance and leading recruitment activities. The role will also involve managing, assisting and supporting management in the delivery and implementation of organisational changes and HR developments across the business in line with the company and department strategy. You will coach and develop appropriate levels of HR knowledge within the business and within the HR team.
- The HR Advisor is expected to be flexible in undertaking the duties and responsibilities attached to their role and may be asked to perform other duties, which reasonably correspond to the general character of their role and their level of responsibility.
- You will be required to be flexible as there will be a requirement to work occasional unsociable hours to provide support to and attend meetings with different shift operations (nights and weekends) in order to meet business requirements. The post holder will also work on a rota basis to cover one day at the weekend on a rota basis, currently one weekend in four. Time off in lieu is
- There will be occasional requirements to enter the factory, which is a cold and wet environment. Occasional travel to Farms may also be
The key responsibilities are:
- Providing assistance and support to all of the company's sites at all levels, in regards to HR and employment legislative matters, including sickness absence, performance management, disciplinary, grievance, recruitment and employee welfare. Ensuring compliance with Company Policies and Procedures, fairness and consistency in all employment matters, and equitable treatment of all employees.
- Assist, coach and influence managers and supervisors to understand and implement Company policies, procedures and initiatives, ensuring they remain compliant with key employment legislation whilst considering and mitigating risk to the business.
- Provide support to the Head of HR and advise managers on organisational restructures, consultation processes and business initiatives, ensuring compliance with employment legislation and best practice.
- Regularly review and update HR template documentation, ensuring this is fit for purpose and in line with HR policy and process.
- Work closely with HR Advisors to consider daily and weekly priorities, activities and agreeing on actions as appropriate.
- Ensure delivery of timely, accurate and presentable information as requested by departments and managers to facilitate business decision-making.
- Build and maintain effective communications and positive relations with key department managers, supervisors and employees.
- Work closely with managers to consider and manage current and future staffing requirements
- Assist in the administration of the weekly and monthly payroll and liaising with external payroll providers on a weekly and monthly basis as appropriate.
- Assist all departments and participate in internal and external audits and visits as required. Operating on an audit ready basis at all times to include conducting agency labour provider audits supported by the auditing team and involvement with annual SMETA audits.
- Create and maintain HR operating procedures and processes that are ethically compliant to customer standards, codes of practice and legislation.
- Ensure all financial and budgetary requirements are met. Processing and reconciling of invoices and purchase orders onto accounting system.
- Ensure all administration tasks in relation to Employee Benefits are completed and accurate including new policy members and leavers. Liaising with staff and external providers as required on effective communications.
- Attend external supplier and customer forums as required such as local forums and ethical trade groups.
- Work and liaise with the BIG (Business Involvement Group/Employee Forum) representatives and recognised Trade Union across the business.
- In conjunction with facilities management, ensure all employee facilities are fit for purpose.
- Liaise with Company Occupational Health services in regard to medical referrals, reports and employee sickness management and welfare. This includes meeting with employees and managers to discuss referrals, reasonable adjustments and support that can be provided.
- Ensure HR files and HR data systems are accurate and updated as appropriate to include changes to benefit entitlements, personal details and job role details.
- Ensure all required pre-employment checks including right to work checks are complete and ensure all new starter paperwork is complete and HR systems updated. Liaising with external representatives such as the Home Office when required.
- Ensure all staff are recruited, and onboarded correctly and effectively into the Company and in accordance with business, ethical (anti - modern day slavery (Stronger Together) initiatives and practices) and compliance requirements. Ensure all staff are aware and adhere to Company initiatives rules and procedures by liaising with key stakeholders to ensure continuous awareness.
- Maintain and review departmental KPI's. Report accurate monthly data to Finance, Head of HR, and Group as per requirements.
- Attend management and relevant meetings as an HR representative and in the absence of the Head of HR as required.
- Work with the Learning and Development Manager in the preparation and delivery of effective staff learning and development across the business.
- Educated to A' level / Level 3-5 relevant qualification and/or some work experience in
- Graduate of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development
- Experience of FMCG/retail/similar environment,
- Multicultural workforce experience
Benefits and holiday:
- 25 days holiday + BH's
- Pension of 5% EE + 5% ER
- Life Assurance Scheme of 3 x salary whilst in employment
- Access to Company Discount Platform
- Access to Eyecare Voucher scheme
- Access to Company EAP
- Free On-Site Parking
- Free tea and coffee (vended and facilities to make)
- Doughnut Wednesdays on site
For a full and detailed job description, please contact Sophie at FPR Group's Chichester office on 01243 778021.
FPR Group is acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.