Import Export Officer
Import Export Officer - £45,000 DOE - Portsmouth
A global leading Automotive manufacturing organisation are looking to for an Import Export Officer to join their site near Portsmouth. This is a brand-new position created in light of Brexit. The opportunity is there for someone to come in and make it their own with full autonomy taking the business forward.
You would be responsible for managing customs processes for the UK Manufacturing site, providing customs expertise and ensuring the business is compliant with all import and export processes.
You will have to keep up to date with regulatory requirements and implementing the necessary changes to ensure compliance while maintaining the seamless flow of goods into and out of the UK.
- Analysing import documentation in line with the import process
- Providing customs clearance instructions to the nominated customs broker.
- Setup new Direct Representation relationships with clearing agents, maintain on the SMR and HMRC systems
- Liaising with freight forwarders to ensure successful delivery
- Designing import customs clearance templates in line with customs requirements
- Checking non-inventory customs C88 forms against issued instructions.
- Support order originators and purchasing with Commodity Code definitions, and import entry checks for non-inventory orders and root cause analysis / DCRs for identified errors.
- Making export bookings with the assigned freight forwarder/s, customs broker whilst including the relevant supply chain personnel.
- Creating commercial invoices as required
- Adhering to export processes as required by HMRC.
- Support Sales defining and setting up Commodity Codes for new products or part numbers.
In order to be considered for this position candidates need; Experience working in Manufacturing within a similar role in the following departments Logistics, Purchasing, Import Export, Supply Chain. Be able to come into the position with full autonomy and manage and create the processes. Strong communicator and ability to speak with customers and suppliers. Strong experience with Microsoft Office and use of SAP.
It would be advantageous: To have worked within the Automotive industry.
This position is commutable from, Portsmouth, Southampton, Fareham, Havant, Gosport, Chichester Winchester, and other surrounding areas within Hampshire and West Sussex.
FPR Group is acting within the capacity of a Recruitment Agency for their client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I am a Technical Consultant specialising within highly regulated & specialist Engineering and Manufacturing industries.My role includes delivering excellent service to clients and candidates throughout the whole recruitment process and assisting both parties in placing the right staff in the…