Instrument and Test Supervisor
We are looking for a Test and Instrumentation with competence in understanding software code (Labview, C++) to work at an engineering facility near to Salisbury, Wiltshire. This is a rare and exciting position working within high end engineering serving exciting global customers.
The role pays a basic of up to £42000 depending upon experience. You will be working Monday to Thursday 0800 to 1645, with a 12:30 finish on the Fridays. They can offer you 25 days of leave, good pension contribution, flexi time, child care vouchers, health plan, cycle to work etc.
What will I do?
You'll supervise a dedicated and well respected team and be accountable for supervising and managing the Instrumentation & Test Engineering resource. The site offers various state of the art equipment to test the manufactured products comprehensively whilst gathering data for the customer, you will play a key role supervising and continually improving these operations
- Determine test methods and set up, calibration and operation of sophisticated measuring equipment in support of tests and trials
- Provide technical measurement services to projects teams within the business in preparation and operation of trials equipment for on and off site product trials
- Perform computerised data reduction on raw test information for the purposes of inclusion into reports and presentations
- Maintenance, repair and upgrade to measurement software to ensure performance of new and existing products can be accurately tested and measured.
- Responsible for functionality, serviceability, calibration and safety of measuring systems.
What do I need?
- You'll need a good level of engineering certification at least, HNC or BTEC level 5 or HND or NVQ level 4 or upwards, i.e degree, masters.
- Programming experience (VB, C++, PIC) would be advantageous.
- Gained good experience within an electronics environment.
- Good experience within a relevant Test engineering role.
- LabVIEW programming would be advantageous.
- Some people leadership experience already would be advantageous
This is a great opportunity for the right person. Please ring Neil on 02392483944 to discuss discreetly or just to find out more, alternatively click apply to send us your CV and we will be in touch shortly!
FPR Group is acting within the capacity of a Recruitment Agency for their client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.