You can view all our current jobs here.
We are recruiting for a dynamic, team player to jon a well established and successful engineering company in the Portsmoith area, as their Inventory Controller.
What about the role?
As the Inventory Controller, you will be responsible for ensuring that materials are available at the required specifications in order to achieve the production taregts and delivery dates for demand.
Aspects of your role will include:
- Monitoring stock allocations to ensure the corrct parts are allocated and profit margins are measured
- Liaise with Engineer and Technicians to ensure stock is to the required standards
- Run reports from the system as required to identify likely stock shortages
- Source most appropriate suppliers for out of stock items, taking account of cost and delivery dates inline wth approved suppleir listing
- Maintain the OEM Order System with Manufacturer where appropriate
- Raise orders with suppliers as required to achieve Production Schdule
- Process supplier invoices by the end of each accounting period where required
- Ensure parts information is recorded accurately and maintained
- Attend internal meetings where required
- Review service levels with suppliers as appropriate to identify and resolve problems
- Provie shipping list details for items from overseas suppliers to track incoming goods
- Control stock returns and customer owned stock
- Monitor and updatesub-contract orders
- Produce reports for stock value, stock turn, service levels in line with agreed procedures
Am I right for the role?
We are looking for someone with experience in a manufacturing / production environment, perhaps an Engineering Graduate with some work-based experience or placement year; a seasoned supply chain professional with great interpersonal skills, good ideas and strong customer facing experience.
- Experience within a stores / inventory control position
- Experience in an engineering / production / manufacturing environment
- Strong excel skills (not just use of MRP / ERP / SAP)
- Working knowledge of stock control systems
- Proven communication / customer facing skills
For details on salary, please contact me via the details below; we do have some flexibility dependent on your skills and experience. The company offer a contributory pensions scheme and operate flexible working hours! Other benefits include the ability to buy shares (after qualifying period), 24 days holiday, health discounts, friendly environment and a subsidised canteen.
Please click 'Apply Now' to send your CV through to us.
To discuss this role further, please call Peyton at the Havant office on 02392 453377.
FPR Group are acting as a recruitment agency on behalf of our client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I joined the Technical and Engineering Team of FPR Group in November 2018, working on permanent vacancies. I always aim to place candidates in roles which positively exceed their career expectations, and have a keen focus on consistently delivering the ultimate customer service.