Inventory Controller - Engineering
The Engineering division of FPR Group are recruiting for a dynamic, team player to work as an Inventory Controller for a well-established and successful engineering company in the Portsmouth area.
For salary details please email/call or contact me on Linked In, we do have some flexibility depending on skills/experience. The company also have a contributory pension scheme and operate flexible working hours! Other benefits include the ability to buy shares (after qualifying period), 24 days holiday, health discounts, friendly environment, subsidised canteen.
Your main role would be materials are available to required spec in order to achieve production targets and delivery dates for customers.
Other aspects of your role
- Monitor stock allocations to ensure the correct parts are allocated and profit margin is measured
- Liaise with Engineers and Technicians to ensure stock is to the required standard
- Run reports from the system as required to identify likely stock shortages
- Source most appropriate suppliers for out of stock items, taking account of cost and delivery dates in line with approved supplier listing
- If appropriate maintain an OEM Order system with manufacturer
- Raise orders with suppliers as required to achieve Production Schedule
- Process supplier invoices as required by the end of each accounting period
- Ensure parts information is recorded accurately and kept up to date
- Attend internal meetings as required
- Review service levels with suppliers as appropriate to identify and resolve problems
- Provide shipping list details for items from overseas suppliers to track incoming goods
- Control stock returns and customer owned stock
- Monitor and update sub-contract orders
- Produce reports for stock value, stock turn, service levels or as required, in line with agreed procedures
We are looking for someone with experience in a manufacturing / production environment, perhaps an Engineering graduate with some work-based experience or placement year, or a seasoned supply chain professional with great interpersonal skills, good ideas and strong customer facing experience.
- Experience within a stores/inventory control
- Experience in an engineering/production/manufacturing environment
- Strong excel skills (not just use of MRP/ERP/SAP)
- Working knowledge of stock control systems
- Proven communication / customer facing skills
Please call Tracy De Pass to discuss the role in more detail or apply for the role by sending us your CV or clicking apply.
FPR Group are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…