Junior Buyer / Purchasing - Contract / Temporary
You can view all our current jobs here.
We are looking to speak to people with at least a years' experience within a purchasing environment and are available for a long-term temporary role in central Portsmouth. This is a lovely company work and they are at the cutting edge of IT solutions with sites all over the UK as well as international locations.
You will be joining a friendly, professional company who value their employees and have a great working environment.
This role is temporary until May 2020, it would suit someone who was maybe looking for more experience in a buying role or is in-between work and is after a long-term role. Although working in purchasing and liaising with both suppliers and customers, this role will be more customer focussed.
What are we looking for…?
- We would love to hear from anyone with some purchasing experience, junior buyer/buyer admin/buyer assistant level would be great or anyone more experienced of course! Ideally a year or more experience
- Someone with amazing communication skills who is confident on the phone and not afraid to push suppliers for a cheeky discount!
- Someone who is used to speaking to customers or suppliers over the phone
- Strong administration skills
- Team player who is happy to get stuck in
- Strong IT skills, excel, word, emails etc.
We are looking at a pay rate of around £12-£14 (possibly £15) per hour PAYE, please enquire about LTD rates if required.
A standard week is 37.5 hours, working 9.00am to 5.30pm from Monday to Friday with an hour for lunch. The company is based in Portsmouth with plenty of places to walk to in your break and grab some food or stretch your legs.
- Managing quotation requests
- Liaising with customers over email and telephone
- Maintaining positive client and supplier relationships.
- Source and negotiate best prices/terms for your customers.
- Follow established purchasing process to ensure compliance
- Provide regular and accurate reporting on the status of all quotations to both internal and external stakeholders, as required.
- Be able to work to deadlines and within contracted KPIs
- Negotiating price, payment terms and delivery timescales to achieve targets and increase savings
- Evaluate supplier price, quality, and delivery performance
- Onboard new suppliers and maintain existing supplier records
FPR Group are acting as a recruitment agency on behalf of our client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…