Junior Systems Engineer
You can view all our current jobs here.
Junior Systems Engineer - Southampton
Looking for an opportunity to progress your career and broaden your skill set?
- Southampton (central)
- Small to medium business with worldwide client base
- Benefits include: free parking, pension scheme, life assurance, health insurance, 27 days holiday plus bank holidays, childcare vouchers,
- Salary is £28000 to £30000 per annum (depending on experience and how closely you match their of course)
Is this for you?
This role would suit someone who has a degree (BEng or Meng) in mechanical engineering, electro-mechanical engineering, automotive, aerospace engineering or power engineering and some post degree work experience (perhaps a couple of years but this is open) with engineering design preferably in a relevant industry.
Their product base is related to energy efficiencies and are installed all over the world including Australia and South America. Exposure to industries involving energy, renewable, automotive, aerospace, industrial, etc would transfer well into their field of discipline.
Able to use AutoCAD and Solidworks (ideally, other design programs considered)
Possess a general understanding of materials selection and manufacturing processes such as machining, casting, fabrication etc.
What would you be doing?
- Co-ordination of day-to-day engineering activities for new products, you will be supported by highly-skilled electrical, mechanical and performance engineering teams.
- Assisting redesign of existing products looking at cost reduction, performance enhancement, extend product life and reliability
- Supporting development and maintenance of documentation including, BOM, drawings, and procedures.
- Incorporating design for manufacture and assembly in all our designs.
- Working with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure specifications are fully understood, appropriately detailed and outputs are in accordance with these requirements.
- Supporting the engineering manager on new product or new application development.
Candidates are invited to apply through FPR Group and if suitable, interviews will be arranged.
FPR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…