Label Room Operative
Label Room Operative
Chichester, West Sussex
£21,500 per annum
Maternity cover - Fixed term contract
An exciting opportunity is available for a Label Room Operative to join a great company located just outside of Chichester in West Sussex. The successful candidate will be responsible for printing all labels, tags and tray ends for the Cut and Pot Packhouses. As a Label Room Operative, you will ensure that the full process is followed and all paperwork and traceability information is completed. You will be required to use mini specs and grower lists to ensure correct labels are printed for every run required, as well as issue packaging to the Cut and Pot Packhouse via the Line Leaders. If this sounds like an opportunity for you, read on and get in touch today.
- Ensuring that all practices and procedures executed in the packing areas comply with the statutory and corporate Health and Safety Regulations.
- Ensuring that all practices and procedures executed in the Packing areas comply with Food Safety legislation and Food Safety systems.
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and hygiene in all packing procedures by cleaning as you go.
- Ensuring that the correct programs are being used to print all labels.
- Ensuring the information printed on the labels is correct.
- Using the information available to check the labels, this being Growing List, mini pecs and spec summaries.
- Ensuring labels are signed off prior to use.
- Ensuring that labels are printed in a timely manner, making sure line leader give adequate notice to print labels so as not to affect their line's efficiency.
- Highlighting any anomalies with the printers and programs to your shift managers.
- Ensuring all label runs follow the same procedure and have the same checks regardless of the quantity of labels required.
- Ensuring only labels of the highest quality are distributed to the Packhouses.
- Notifying the Line Leader or Shift Manager of any problems arising immediately.
- Ensuring that you maintain a high standard of safety for yourself and those around you. If you see anything you feel is unsafe, report it to your Line Leader or Shift Manager.
- Operating all machinery correctly, safely and accurately.
- Ensuring all labels are removed to storage at the end of the day.
- Maintaining a good knowledge of customer requirements and to ensure the correct weights, counts and labels are used for the customers.
- Ensuring on-line recording is carried out accurately.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills - Essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Essential
- Flexible approach to work - Essential
- Good Microsoft Excel skills with the ability to gather data and generate reports - Essential
- Motivated, result-driven and have a keen eye for detail - Essential
- Good personable skills - Desirable
- Label Printing Software Experience - Desirable
The candidate will be working on a four-week shift pattern, rotating between 05:30 and 14:00 shifts with a degree of flexibility as per business requirements.
Special Working Conditions:
- Working in a chilled environment (PPE available on request) as required.
- Noise protection zone in factory (advisory). PPE available on request.
- 33 days holiday a year (This includes bank holidays)
- Access to Company online benefits & discounts platform
- Life assurance scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Free tea and coffee (vended)
- Free Parking
- Training and development opportunities
Should you have the above skills and qualifications required then we want to hear from you. Hit apply today and get in touch today to find out more details.
For more details, please contact Sophie at FPR Group's Portsmouth office on 01243 778021.
FPR Group is acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.