You can view all our current jobs here.
Laboratory Manager - Hampshire - £40,000 - £45,000
An established market leading organisation that specialise within medical device and pharmaceutical industries is searching for a Laboratory Manager to join their new Analytical Chemistry department on a permanent basis at their site in Hampshire.
As Laboratory Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the validation of the new department in support of chemical characterisation of medical devices.
- Analysis of customer samples following the relevant protocols, methods and specifications; Techniques used will predominately be HPLC/GC to wet chemistry; therefore, the candidate must be familiar with all necessary laboratory equipment and techniques including spectroscopy
- Analysis will initially be chemical characterisation of medical devices. Growth to include analysis of other raw materials, intermediates and final products is possible
- All analysis must be carried out following the principles of Good Manufacturing Practice or Good Laboratory Practice
- To review all analytical results and ensure that they are recorded accurately and associated reports produced; To carry out calibrations, performance qualifications and maintenance of equipment when required
- Liaising with internal departments as well as external customers.
To be considered for this position candidates need to have:
- Hold a formal qualification within a Chemistry or a similar discipline that includes chemistry to at least Degree level
- Have strong Analytical experience working within relevant laboratory environments of at least 5+ years
- Developed a range of specialist skills, including the use of HPLC, GC, spectrophotometers and other pieces of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of the development and validation of analytical methods and equipment (eg HPLC, GC, dissolution) to current ICH guidelines.
- Experience of working in a GMP (or equivalent ISO 17025 or GLP) laboratory environment and have participated in associated audits.
It would be advantageous for the candidate to have; Experience working to ISO 10993-18, ISO 18562 and USP USP 788.
This position is commutable from, Portsmouth, Southampton, Fareham, Havant, Gosport, Winchester and other surrounding areas within Hampshire.
If this role is of interest to you please contact Max Sinclair hit the apply button.
FPR Group is acting within the capacity of a Recruitment Agency for their client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I am a Technical Consultant specialising within highly regulated & specialist Engineering and Manufacturing industries.My role includes delivering excellent service to clients and candidates throughout the whole recruitment process and assisting both parties in placing the right staff in the…