Lead Nurse - School Setting (TT only)
You can view all our current jobs here.
A great oppourtunity has arisen for a qualified nurse to supervise the current nursing team in a well established school for children and young adults with learning disabilities based across the Brighton and Seaford area.
You will be responsible for the coordination of comprehensive medical services for the learners of the School & College and will work as a member of a multi- disciplinary team. S/he will jointly be responsible for delivering medical services at all premises.
The school has a reputation for being focused on their Learners, and all roles require a key level of engagement with young people including a commitment to supporting their learning and achievements. This will require the post holder to be comfortable with, and confident to, work directly with Learners as appropriate to their post.
You will be working 9-5 hours and term time only, allthough extra work is available during the holiday periods to assist with training and development.
Some other responsibilities include:
- Oversee the consistency of medical services and procedures across the organisation to include at least weekly visits to all sites.
- Ensure all medical policies and procedures are in place and updated at least annually or in accordance with organisational developments.
- Represent the nurses at the Senior Leadership Team (as required) ensuring all medical issues are raised with management.
- Coordinate medical resources for the organisation, adhering to proper procedure when accessing the allocated budget.
- Supervise the nursing team and student nurses where appropriate
- Conduct annual performance review meetings and identify individual and departmental training needs.
This is an excellent oppourtunity for a nurse who has experience working with children and young people to step up to a supervisory role. Plus the hours and working environment is favourable!
Please apply with an up to date CV, you must have a valid NMC PIN.
"FPR Group is acting as a recruitment agency in regards to this vacancy"
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I specialise in permanent Health & Social Care recruitment based from our Brighton office. I recruit for a wide range of clients across the UK and enjoy matching up great candidates looking for that permanent move to my clients. Driven, calm and committed to an excellent candidate experience.