You can view all our current jobs here.
FPR Group have been given an exciting opportunity to recruit for a talented Logistics Supervisor to join our client within the Chichester area.
As a Logistics Controller the main purpose of the role is to ensure that customers orders are processed accurately and receive timely finished product and that the supplier's raw materials are processed in timely and efficient manner. You should have a good can-do attitude, be reliable and organised.
Responsibilities will include:
- Unloading of
- Operate machinery to collect and move packaging and organise in appropriate shelving in relevant storage
- Raw Materials;
- Liaise with QA to ensure that raw materials are ready for storing in racking
- Weigh and scan raw materials to input accurately on system
- Operate machinery to collect and move raw materials to racking
- Carry out Stock Rotation on a daily basis
- Dispose of rejected raw materials in the Compactor
- Crates/Pallets/General Supplies (FIFO);
- Operate machinery to collect and move Crates, Pallets and General Supplies and organise in appropriate shelving in relevant storage area
- Check and use a range of machinery; forklifts and electric and manual pump truck
- Dispose of unwanted cardboard, using the Compactor
- Accurate picking of Stock for Customer
- Scan all finished goods and put onto the system
- Operate Machinery to load all 'depots together', in a safe and neat way
- Manage and effect the stock rotation system
- Transport Logistics;
- Carry out temperature check of Transport
- Complete the transport log daily
- To fulfil the cleaning schedule for the site to ensure these are free from rubbish tidy and compliant with Food Hygiene and HAACP requirements
- Pick Lists for all customers, Lidl Frames
- Create and print out delivery notes
- Scan all finished materials onto the system
- Assist other production teams/sites to complete their administration and paperwork as requested i.e. Walton Farm
- Comply with all Company and Health and Safety Regulations
- Comply with all Company Environmental Objectives
- Complete necessary paperwork i.e. timesheets, health, and safety
- Find solutions to issues and roadblocks that prevent normal working practice to the Logistics Team Leader or in their absence, Logistics Supervisor
Role Objectives / Goals / Targets:
- To learn all areas of the Logistics function as detailed above
- To support continual improvement of all Logistics and administrative / IT processes
- Be able to communicate effectively to all staff at all levels
- Ability to interpret product and customer requirements
- Ability to make logical decisions
- To be able to prioritise workload effectively
- Must be able to work on their own initiative and as part of a team
Salary and hours:
Your working hours will be shift patterns, four days on, two days off. Shift times tbc but will be 9 hour per day with a 1 hour for lunch. Hours may depend due to demand. The salary is £22,018 DOE.
Due to its location, your own transport would be advised as there is no access to public transport.
We are looking to set up interviews shortly so if you are excited by this job opportunity CLICK APPLY today or if you would like more information contact Sophie on 01243-778021. FPR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.