Logistics Deputy Supervisor
You can view all our current jobs here.
Logistics Deputy Supervisor
FPR Group have been given an exciting opportunity to recruit for a talented Logistics Deputy Supervisor to join our client within the Chichester area.
As a Logistics Deputy Supervisor, you will be working with the Logistics Controller to take responsibility for all Physical Logistics processes and supporting administration in the pack house. If you have worked in Logistics before and are looking for a new challenge, read on and apply today.
- Plan and efficiently prioritise and co-ordinate the daily workload of the logistics team covering the following activities:
- Efficient In loading of materials (raw, packaging, pallets and general supplies)
- Accurate picking and loading of stock for customer - right first time, on time
- Completing all checks from temperature to visual checks of loads to ensure quality of delivery to the customer
- Ensuring all paperwork is completed accurately, in full and on time
- To monitor hygiene levels and ensure the warehouse remains tidy at all times
- To ensure the quality of the work of the logistics team and be accountable for the service level KPI's of the team
- To report in written and verbal formats to the Logistics Supervisor against agreed KPI's
- To complete other tasks relevant to the role as assigned by the Logistics Supervisor
- To provide cover for the Logistics Supervisor
The right candidate will:
- Be a great communicator with high levels of verbal and written English and be able to write reports and deliver information accurately to the Supervisor and team
- Be methodical, accurate and organised
- Make decisions confidently
- Have the ability to lead and build rapport with the team
- Must be computer literate (PC)
- Display attention to detail
- Be resourceful, able to work under their own initiative and to manage their own time
- Have good time management skills and be able to prioritise their own and work load effectively as well as that of the team
Desirable skills include:
- Qualification in driving Forklift, Electric Pallet Truck and/or Reach truck
- Experience in warehouse logistics
Salary and hours:
Your working hours will be shift patterns, four days on, two days off. Shift times tbc but will be 9 hour per day with a 1 hour for lunch. Hours may depend due to demand. The salary is £ 25,750 DOE.
Due to its location, your own transport would be advised as there is no access to public transport.
We are looking to set up interviews shortly so if you are excited by this job opportunity CLICK APPLY today or if you would like more information contact Sophie on 01243-778021. FPR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.