Logistics Manager - Aviation - Fareham
Logistics Manager - Fareham - Aviation/Aerospace £38'000 per annum
This role gives the opportunity to really influence the business. Logistics can stressful but is extremely rewarding and you will have a lot of autonomy to make improvements. This role would best suit someone who is able to think around a problem and isn't one to give up when presented with a challenge. Your main role would be ensure all goods are received and despatched on time to the defined ship date to meet customer requirements and business performance targets.
You will have overall responsibility for liaising with the Production, quality, Export Control and customer services departments to ensure the delivery of products to arrive at the right time in the right quantity with correct paperwork. Managing Stores, Despatch and Goods Inwards team. Also responsible for accurate and timely raising of all despatch paperwork i.e. Certificate of Conformity, JAA, MOD form 640, Certificates of origin, EUR1, ATR1 forms.
Part of your role will be to oversee that the correct documentation is raised to support letter of credit shipments, ensure the provision of suitable packing materials, crates etc to support the above and continuously monitor and review shipping rates to ensure a cost effective shipping service.
This would suit someone who is really good at building relationships with couriers, production, clients, finance, basically everyone! Interacting with Production & Quality to achieve goals, for example not taking no for an answer with regards to FAIRs/Concessions, driving release of CofCs to despatch to ensure all delivery milestones are met.
The person we are looking for:
- Process driven, someone who can get things delivered on time but also adhere to procedural and legislative compliance
- Good with Internal IT systems, literate (e.g. Singlepoint, Syspro Q-pulse etc. Customer portals) - the ability to utilise data to enhance departments' productivity as well as being proactive with workload
- Experience of Month end operation. Good working knowledge of contract terms in order to prioritise shipping to achieve sales recognition.
- Someone who is good at problem solving on a logistical level (deliveries out of hours for example), someone who will think around recurring issues to implement things that will help prevent or reduce the chance of a reoccurrence.
- Weekly management and analysis of stock variances alongside production and finance to ensure division KPIs are met. Also, Importance of stock integrity must be there - knowledge & experience of PI required.
- 5S internal auditing key part of role.
- Ability to drive other departments to complete tasks to ensure critical shipment dates are met - if something must ship on day x, inter-departmental cooperation is key.
- Ability to react to urgent, last minute requirements - i.e. 1100 on a Friday and a shipment must happen, being able to coordinate this whilst remaining compliant.
- International shipping - Majority of customer base is in US - communication/support outside of office hours sometimes required - willing to pick up a phone and speak to a customer/FedEx Friday/Saturday, to have an awareness of Shipping services and their processes
The starting salary is circa £34000 to £38000 per annum depending on the level of experience. Benefits include 5 weeks holiday, Flexible working hours, half day Friday, Child Care vouchers, Free Parking and an employee perks programme that recognises hard work providing a range employee discounts & savings, plus use of a gym.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…