Manufacturing Engineer - Assembly / Electro-Mechanical
You can view all our current jobs here.
Manufacturing Engineer - Havant - £37000 / £38000 per annum (negotiable)
We are looking for a talented and driven Engineer who could combine their skills/knowledge within an Electro-Mechanical / production environment and their passion for process improvement, to work for a well-established and well-known company in Havant.
Salary is £38000 per annum but this could be negotiable depending on experience, there is also a Contributory pension scheme, discounted canteen, great promotional opportunities, modern working environment, real opportunities to expand your learning & development, 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays.
- Part of your role would be to implement lean manufacturing techniques (e.g.value stream mapping, one-piece flow, etc.), knowledge of Six Sigma concepts and tools to minimise process / product variability and a thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action. The role will have you looking at thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Pareto charts, etc. within their machine shop.
- You would use your energy and drive support plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organisation.
- Develop and implement future strategies for manufacture, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement and to manage capital projects from conception through to successful implementation on time and to cost budget.
- To develop and implement new manufacturing methods to reduce costs and improve process performance (efficiency, quality, scrap, waste elimination etc.), investigate and analyse current methods and processes and techniques to identify opportunities for improvement, that will increase operational efficiencies and reduce costs.
- Experience in engineering design and product reliability concepts
- Experience within a manufacturing environment - assembly
- Detailed knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques - i.e. value stream mapping, one-piece flow, etc
- HNC/HND, degree or apprenticeship in Manufacturing, Engineering or a technical discipline
- Experience with Six Sigma concepts and tools as they relate to minimizing process / product variability - i.e. regression analysis, design of experiments, hypothesis testing, etc.
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action(s) - i.e. thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Gauge R & R, control charts, Pareto charts, etc.
- Understanding of New Product Introduction processes.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support facilities competencies - i.e. machining, tool design, process design / layouts, product testing, etc.
Click the apply button now! Or simply get in contact with Tracy De Pass for a confidential chat about the role and your ambitions, on 02392 45 33 77.
FPR Group is acting as an employment business in relation to this role.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…