Manufacturing Engineer - CNC Engineer
You can view all our current jobs here.
Manufacturing Engineer (CNC) - Havant - £36000 to £38000 per annumNot fulfilling your potential at your current company?
We are looking for an Engineer who could combine their CNC skills/knowledge with their experience of implementing lean manufacturing techniques (e.g. value stream mapping, one piece flow, etc.), knowledge of Six Sigma concepts and tools to minimise process / product variability and a thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action. The role will have you looking at thought maps, 8D, root cause analysis, Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis, Pareto charts, etc. within their machine shop.
You would use your energy and drive support plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organisation.
Working in a large manufacturing facility who are part of a huge corporation so your chances or progression are strong along with your choices for training and further education once settled into the role.They have a modern working environment, free parking, strong people ethos, reward system, (occasional cake sale!), structured training, 25 days' holiday, subsidised canteen, great pension scheme, Life insurance, cycle to work scheme and a professional work place. Salary is around £36000 to £38000 per annum depending on experience.
The mainstay of your role will be to develop manufacturing processes and lean methodologies, they need someone with a talent for coming up with solutions and getting things done. There may also be the occasional requirement to travel to customers/suppliers etc so it's helpful to have some flexibility.What we are looking (hoping) to find:
- Strong knowledge of CNC machining within manufacturing - Experience in a machine shop or working for a manufacturer who use CNC Machining as part of their process. Some hands-on CNC machining experience would be a huge advantage.
- HNC/HND, degree or apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering (or a similar discipline)
- Happy to work in a Corporate environment with the ability to influence across functions and hierarchy
- Excellent communication skills (ability to provide and foster effective on-going communication at all levels of the organization)
- Team player attitude, proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Experience within a mechanical, automotive, electro-mechanical manufacturing environment
- Experience within a Manufacturing/Production Engineering role in a manufacturing/production environment or machine shop
- Experience of new product introduction
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma Methodologies, Kaizen, 5S, etc
- Able to interpret engineering drawings and technical specifications
- Troubleshooting experience and problem solving abilities
- Able to draft technical reports & present findings
- Experience of manufacturing routings and Bills of Materials
- Knowledge of mechanical and/or electro-mechanical assembly techniques
- Proficiency in various software applications - i.e. Computer Aided Design, Computer Aided Manufacturing, MS Office suite, etc.
- Knowledge of industry and customer specific quality processes (e.g. ISO9001, TS19649, etc.).
This is an excellent opportunity to join a leading company and to further your career in a company that prides itself in the development of its employees.
Candidates are invited to apply through FPR Group and if suitable, interviews will be arranged. Please send your CV by clicking APPLY or contact FPR Group in Havant and ask for Tracy De Pass.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
Tracy De Pass FIRP DipRP
Joining our Technical and Engineering division in 2006 as an administrator, I immediately fell in love with recruitment and proceeded to work as hard as I could to gain promotions. I specialise in permanent recruitment and I am able to use my 10 years’ experience, as well as my knowledge of the…