You can view all our current jobs here.
Are you a Materials Planner looking to looking for their next role? This is an exciting opportunity for someone to join a leading global technology and manufacturing company whose solutions have advanced transportation, industrial applications and medical technology to name a few.
As the Materials Planner, you will be responsible for the plans, schedules and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. You will be determining quantity and order date for materials in line with production or engineering schedules and also initiating purchase or production requisition and developing schedules to be used in production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordination of employees engaged in supply chain responsibilities.
- Team development through training, coaching and mentoring.
- Daily schedule management, taking the lead in change decisions relating to material inventory and lead times.
- Developing and executing sourcing strategies for vendors and products to maximise quality whilst minimising cost.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring comprehensive inventory controls, shipping and receiving policies.
- Development, maintenance and utilisation of ERP system and other available software tools for planning, control and tracking through internal and external sourcing and/or inter-company transfer
- Management of new product development and introduction
- Supervision and coordination of all purchasing function, interacting with suppliers, internal and external customers.
- Execution of established strategic sourcing plans and objective, ensuring budgets ad schedules meet corporate requirements.
In addition to having proven experience in a purchasing, material management, supply chain, logistics and supply chain management role, the client are also looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Materials Management or similar field or suitable equivalent experience
- Materials Management (CPIM) or Purchasing (C.P.M or CIPS) certification
- Ability to interact with upper management and within a team environment
- Competency in working in SAP or similar ERP with strong knowledge or MRP and other Materials Management Techniques
- Strong overall technology usage skills, including but not limited to Microsoft Office suite and especially Advanced Excel skills
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills that show proven results in developing a strong team
- Experience in working in a lean manufacturing environment
- Project management experience combined with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to drive multifunctional teams n the creation and implementation of complex supply chain and materials projects.
Based Hastings, offering up to £50,000 per annum, the company in recognised as one of the Top 100 Innovators by Thomson Reuters.
They will offer you 25 days' holiday, pension contribution to double yours of up to 10% with an earlier finish on Fridays. You will also get annual pay reviews, life assurance and a 2% bonus based on the site hitting its targets!
In addition to these great benefits, the company has some quirky perks to include loyalty service awards, Christmas shut downs and a great canteen.
If this role sounds like a good match to your skills and experience, please hit 'Apply' to send your CV through to us. If you would like to discuss the role, or have any questions, please call our Havant branch on 02392 453377 and ask for Peyton O'Brien.
FPR Group are an agency acting on behalf of our client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I joined the Technical and Engineering Team of FPR Group in November 2018, working on permanent vacancies. I always aim to place candidates in roles which positively exceed their career expectations, and have a keen focus on consistently delivering the ultimate customer service.