Mechanical Design Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer (salary of £40,000 per annum), with a keen interest in engine technology, looking for a position in an innovative company, based in Southampton, where energy recovery is at the forefront of all they do.
They will join the Engineering Team to help or potentially lead the growing number of integration projects from a mechanical perspective, centred around the integration of the company's innovative electrical turbo-compounding technology into customer diesel and gas engine generator sets.
Our client is a world leader in advanced exhaust energy recovery technologies for reciprocating engines. These are the dominant plant for power generation in remote areas for renewable fuels and for biomass energy applications. They work closely with leading engine manufacturers and genset integrators to improve engine efficiency; so increasing power output, improve fuel efficiency and reducing emissions - something which is so key in today's atmosphere.
And the Role?
The company's exciting and high paced application engineering work, which of which the company's cutting-edge Electro Turbo-compounding technology into customer diesel and gas turbine engine generator sets, will be the centre and focus of your role. The role will require you to be a key part of a mechanical and systems team for project delivery, using complex 3D Solidworks solid model and producing conceptual design solutions.
As the successfu Mechanical Design Engineer, your responsibilites will include:
- Ensuring conformance to company, National and International standards.
- Complex 3D Solidworks solid models (parts and assemblies)
- Structural and thermal calculations in addition to mechanical design calculations of bolted joints
- To maintain a technical awareness of processes, materials and systems relevant to product design
- Building and / or testing prototype systems and assist to resolve quality problems
- Material selection, raising and maintaining BOMs using MRP system (Epicor)
- Liaison with suppliers and provide technical support to Purchasing / Supply Chain
- Assist in the creation and development of departmental processes and procedures.
- Liaison with suppliers.
- Assist manufacturing and customer support.
Am I right for the role?
In addition to a 2:1 Degree in mechanical, automotive or power engineering, you will have a proven track record of progressive experience in a mechanical design engineering role and also within mechanical machinery integration. In addition to having a progressive track record in both mechanical design and mechanical machinery integration, you will also have the following:
- Outstanding technical ability in SolidWorks
- Outstanding 3D visualisation capability
- Experience of coolant and lubrication systems
- Have a strong understanding of the fundamentals, principles and details of how quality systems operate
The ideal candidate will be someone has outstanding communication skills within all mediums, works really well within a team and is able to demonstrate and promote openness whist listening and accommodating others' input whilst able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, prioritising accordingly. They should also be able to work on their own initiative, be goal orientated, data driven and also have the ability to focus for a long period of time, retaining high levels of engagement. You will be keen to develop your skills further, be receptive to feedback it would be great if you have experience working within a small company environment - this company is one of the fastest growing small technology companies in the UK!
In addition to a salary of up to £40,000 per annum, you will receive:
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
- Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Program
- Free onsite parking
If you like the sound of this position and would like to be considered for the position, please hit 'Apply' to send your CV over. If you have any questions on this position, please call the Havant office on 02392 453377 and ask for Peyton.
FPR Group are an agency acting on behalf of our client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.
Your Key Contact
I joined the Technical and Engineering Team of FPR Group in November 2018, working on permanent vacancies. I always aim to place candidates in roles which positively exceed their career expectations, and have a keen focus on consistently delivering the ultimate customer service.