You can view all our current jobs here.
Are you an experienced Mechanical Engineer with excellent problem solving skills, looking at designs through to production this is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company based in Hamble! Keep reading for more info...
Tell me more:
To deliver detailed mechanical designs for products and processes for internal and external customers as part of the engineering team. You will need to be able to develop solutions and designs to satisfy mechanical requirements. Provide advice and engineering support in mechanical aspects of design. Gain an understanding of the products, processes and designs across the site's product range. Use deductive reasoning to solve problems, Work well as part of the Engineering Team in a supportive, collaborative, and co-operative manner. Manage own workload in order to complete allocated tasks to agreed deadlines. Expert in the design and development process and procedures. Display attention to detail in producing technical documentation. Correct interpretation, understanding and application of a wide variety of technical documents including drawings, work instructions and test procedures. Keep track of multiple tasks and projects.
What do you need?
- Degree or equivalent in a mechanical engineering discipline
- Solid experience in the detailed design of machined parts
- Design for manufacture
- Ability to demonstrate original thinking and an innovative approach to problem solving, from top-level concept to piece-part design.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques appropriate to small batch production
- Hands-on experience of 2D and 3D CAD systems
- Problem solving & lateral thinking
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to demonstrate scientific literacy
If you feel you have what it takes apply now or call Steph for more info.
FPR Group is acting within the capacity of a Recruitment Agency for their client.
Note: this is the location of the town or city the job is in and not the exact location of the employer.